Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
How many pictures to prove a problem

Delamination and rust (showing that water has been getting into the 5er) not exactly what we were hoping for, but I guess that it is better to find about this now rather than later when it wasn’t under warrantee. We knew that we were having some of the flex-frame issues when all of the staples started coming out of the cabinets in the living room and we had cracks in the slide guides on both front slides, but we never realized how many pictures and how long it would take for Keystone to realize that there was a problem. We have had our trailer in a Montana dealership for over a month, every time I phoned I heard that Keystone wanted more pictures. I first thought that his has to be a stalling tactic, so I phoned Keystone, guess what they wanted more pictures. I guess I should be glad that they wanted more pictures as we found out that there was way more going on then we first thought so hopefully now they will deal with this.

mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Ask to speak to a supervisor in Customer Service with Keystone. Find out what's the delay and what exactly they don't have pictures of they need. That amount of delay before starting the fix is unacceptable and you need to nail down where the problem is and get Keystone to fix it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
yes they like pictures. We are sending more up today of roof bubbles. Since they can't see the unit in person that is the only way to see what the problem is. They will always say.." take it to your dealer " which in our case is a 120 miles round trip. Anyhow would yu repair something sight unseen?? It is a hassle particularly o0n something that should not have happened in the first place.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote