Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I wish

I posted this on another thread, but thought it might be good as a new topic.

I wish I never had any equipment problems to interfere with my schedule, but it happens. I wish I could go any to a service provider along my route and get prompt service. I wish all RV repair shops carried an inventory that included any part or appliance that might have trouble so I could get instant replacement, but they don't.

It is difficult when things go wrong and my plans must be canceled or delayed. I get angry when I can't get what I want when I want it. It is hard to be and act rationally when my emotions are running high. My wishes need to be educated by reality to help me realign my expectations into realistic expectations rather than unrealistic ones.

I need to have realistic expectations of Montana/Keystone, service companies and their employees, and the time it takes to get things fixed. The learning curve can be frustrating.

Recently, I lost my converter, microwave/convection oven, television, DVD/surround sound system, and satellite converter box all in a matter of a few seconds, all under warranty. We sat in Missouri two weeks waiting for delivery of replacement appliances. We were 5 weeks without our microwave/convection oven because the first warranty replacement was faulty and another had to be shipped.

This was not convenient nor did things occur according to our wishes. We had to adjust our expectations to the realities of the warranty replacement system. Even though my dealer/service provider wanted to handle things more quickly, he could not install before the appliances got to his shop. Further, he had no control over whether the new appliances were in working order when he received them.

I wish many things in this world were different, but they are what they are. I need to learn what I can change and learn to live with what I can't. It reduces stress and leaves room for the pursuit of happiness.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Stiles, Great post. We all can learn from it. Sometimes we just need to stop, take a deep breath and realize everything will not always go the way we want or expect it to go. I always try to plan some extra time in my trips just in case of an emergency, or break down. But that is usually one or two days. Thanks for sharing with us.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yes, good post.
Stiles you have wisdom, you can see all sides of something, and are a fair man.
I think we can learn from you, I am impatient and maybe a little too quickly angered and intolerant at times. Keep inspiring us, I will see of some of your good traits rub off on me a little.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Yes, a very good outlook. Besides, if those things had not happened, we would not have met as we did. Bob & Karen
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank you all for you kind responses. You are right, Robert, we did get to meet. I probably should have added a comment about looking around for some positive event to enjoy or people to meet while you are waiting for things you can't control to pass.

Ozz, you make others feel good. As for me, I know more than I can do and my ignorance far out weighs my understanding.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Stiles, Your post applies to many things and not just Montana. The very 1st thing I thought about was how our life has changed since our grandson(now 31/2) has been living with us. We are living your last sentence everyday and have for all those 31/2 years " I need to learn what I can change and learn to live with what I can't. It reduces stress and leaves room for the pursuit of happiness". I might add, with a 31/2 yr old toddler under our roof what I change today might not hold true for tomorrow, but he's so dang cute and I can't imagine a day without him and for stress;well as you might say, it is what it is. Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Cheers to you Stiles!!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote