Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
FYI More On MOC Ownership-Please Read

A new poster posted comments saying this forum is free or very low cost and you are being ripped off because the owner is making money from your donations and this is fraud. His post was deleted and his Userid was locked. You all can see what forumco costs for basic service but this of course is not the whole picture.

He then got a new userid and sent a PM to several people saying the same thing.

He sent me an email.

Below is the PM and the email he sent. If any of you get any questionable communication from this person please forward it to one of the administrators.

This is the Private Message he sent to some people. Thank you to the person who forwarded this.

start of PM
Hello fellow MOCer,
I can't tell you who I am but I can tell you that I have been researching this forum and have found out a lot of information. The Snitz Forum 2000 is available for free download and the ForumCo.com which powers the MOC is available for free and/or a small fee. Click on the Snitz or the ForumCo.com on the bottom of the MOC website. They are trying to solicit money from their members by telling them it is very costly to them when in fact, it is not. I had made a post under montymorgon on the "Who Owns MOC" about what I'm telling you and the post I had made and myself were deleted from the forum. This tells me the owners of this forum don't want all the other members to know the truth about what they are doing. DO NOT DONATE ANY MONEY TO THEM WHATSOEVER, PLEASE. I have reported them a online fraud company and I plan on reporting them to others such as yourself. I hope they haven't taken any money from you yet. Please let you friends know about this. It seems when I try and make a post to inform others, the MOC staff deletes them before anyone can read it. You can see about how they deleted my post on "Who Owns MOC" under the General Discussion section by montymorgon by them saying it was edited by me and only leaving a period for the comment. Don't let the MOC find out about our little talk. Good Luck!
End of PM

This is the email he sent to me
start of email
I know what you are up too and I have reported you to Fraud Bureau.com and some other online fraud firms. It is obvious you don't want members of your forum knowing the truth! Hence the reason you deleted me so quickly. Well I'm hear to tell you, you are going the pay the price for lying to your members. The Fraud Bureau has e-mailed me and said they are putting you under federal investigation. So if you are smart you will tell all your members the truth about what it is your doing or you are going to pay the penalties. I have dedicated my life to stopping online fraud and I will not stop until your caught!
end of email

If you get anything from this guy please forward it to an administrator. Thank you for your support.

HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
You say "Thank you for your support" and we say Thank you for your forum. We appreciate, use and enjoy it tremendously. You do have our full support and we are positive that you have the same support from the vast majority of the other members. Please keep up the good work and continue allowing us to learn and meet great people. Jim and Carol Boylan
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm sorry, but that guy comes across as a bit of a fruitcake. I think you should just ignore him. If I receive anything from him I'll forward it. Thank you for all you folks do for this forum. It's a great place to be and you are a big part of the reason why, in my opinion. I know from my background there are a lot of costs beyond the base costs listed on the forumco.com site. Whatever it costs, this forum is worth it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
There's just some people that aren't happy unless they are causing trouble. I don't believe him.

Thanks for letting us know what is going on.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
What a cuckoo head! This email reminded me it's time to give another donation to this forum. I've saved thousands of dollars and time in purchasing my Big Sky thanks to the people who share their experiences/information here. I did lots of research but always ended up at this site so guess that means I have Montana in my blood Just today, our front jacks quit working and thanks to the forum, we discovered a blown fuse that we would still be looking for.....if I hadn't had the forum to research. Problem solved easily and for about fifty cents.
How much better can it be?
Thank you whoever you are and thanks to the Montana forum members.
Judy

judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
LOL Life is too short to pay any attention to these types.
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't know what this guys mission is but he is way off target on this one.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I will certainly pass on any communication from this individual.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Ditto!
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:37 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Oh Brother! This individual is about 11 eggs short of a dozen and is not the brightest bulb in the box.
He's on an elevator that goes up 10 floors but he's still in the basement.

You can bet I will be forwarding any PMs and/or Emails to the Admins that I recieve from the basket case.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 AM   #11
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
You bet I will forward anything I receive. Thank you to MOC for this great form and the Montana Owners Web Page.

Comment - When I was a radio operator in the military we had to deal with Jammers. We were taught the best way to deal with them was to ignore them, do not admit they are there and eventually they will go away. Or take down the net, which did happen at times. I suggest we do the same here. The less said on this topic the better and if the individual(s) do not get a rise out of us then there is no FUN.
Just my thoughts. Now we can PM behind the scenes all we want.

Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #12
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
What am I missing here! If I want to participate in the Good Sam Club forum, I have to pay to become a Good Sam member. If I want to particpate in the Escapees forum, I have to pay to become an Escapee. MOC participation costs only what we choose, or don't choose, to donate, no questions asked, no cooercion. I only see occasional comments about donating to MOC, most from members who are greatful for this forum.

I don't much care how much or how little it costs to provide this forum. I do know that the chances of losing it are greater if costs are not covered. If donations to MOC cause the administrator to make a profit, that's great. Profit is the reward for providing a service that is wanted or needed. It is not a dirty word, as this moron is trying to imply.

I have never donated to MOC, but that is about to change as soon as I hit the "Submit Reply" button at the end of this post. If my donation goes to covering costs, I hope this helps. If my donation goes directly into the pocket of the administrator, please take it as my thank you for providing a valuable service.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:20 AM   #13
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
UNfornuately, I am a grown person, capable of making my own decisions. If I wish to read or contribute to this or any forum, I do so . If I dont , I dont. The same goes for "donating" or paying to participate.

Having said that. THANK YOU FOR THE FORUM !
And if you need donations, I suspect that it is your decison to announce that, and then we get to decide if we wish to do so.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #14
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
I agree with all of the above. You can bet I'd be forwarding any messages from this Bozo if I got any. I believed before and still do believe that the Forum Owner and Admin folks are nothing short of great people wanting to share a great experiences with other people. I've never seen or heard anything that might indicate to me that this site in anything other than what it says it is.
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:37 AM   #15
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
[quote]Originally posted by DonandBonnie

If I want to particpate in the Escapees forum, I have to pay to become an Escapee.[quote]

I'm not pushing their forum, but you can actually join just the forum. Not near as much good info there though. I'm a member there, same user name as here.

Back to the topic of this thread. I cannot see anything fraudulent about the way this site is operated. I'm a big boy. If I want to give, I give. If not, I still get the info I want.

On the other hand, I would like an explanation as to why I would need to forward any messages I receive to the admin of the site. Is that asking too much? Thanks.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:39 AM   #16
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I like and use the forum. If any money is made on it, I couldn't care less. I also thank the ones who provide us this service.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:07 AM   #17
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Making money from contributions to offset costs is a crime?

Anyone that thinks webspace (bandwidth) and the hardware to make it work is free is beyond trying to help.

I have been a member at many different types of forums, most have advertising or banners of some sort to help offset the costs.
This one doesn't, and the members are the ones that benefit from not being subject to the advertising. The owner(s) still foot the bills of running it less any voluntary contributions.

...and as for asking about forwarding messages to the admin...the person starting this appears to have an agenda...communication is important - wouldn't you want to help the owners protect the site?
Fraud Bureau? Give me a break...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #18
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I don't understand this person's thinking.
Well, actually I do.
It's that person who doesn't understand our thinking.
Let's just ignore this and go about what we do best,
helping each other anyway we can.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #19
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We'll send our donation as scheduled without any reservation, and consider ourselves lucky for the opportunity to participate in this forum.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:49 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
www.fraudbureau.com I googled it..it does exist I am trying to find a way to send a message on that web site to let them know this jerk is way out of line as his accusations are unfounded.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote