Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 AM   #21
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sgtpp214

I would only use the white hose at site connected to the sewer flush on the Monty. Wouldn't even consider using it to flush the sewer hose directly.
I wouldn't hook my white hose up to the sewer flush on the Monty even if there is an anti-siphon device on the connection (which I doubt there is because that would have cost more money to build the unit). I don't put my fresh water hose in any danger of being contaminated in ANY way.

Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Being the adventurer that I am, have my fresh water hose tee'd into my flush, so all I have to do is turn a valve for the flush to activate. My '07 has a vacuum breaker on the flush line. I also added a second vacuum breaker to that connection, so I am confident that I will not be drinking pe pe. Drink bottled watter and beer anyway........
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:48 AM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Wow, Orv, I never thought about others doing that, I just know that I don't (that is what the gray hose if for). Now I am going to follow your lead and carry a bottle of disinfectant at all times. What exactly is the mixture that you are using????
Bingo
We use a mixture of a capful of Amway's Pursue disinfectant (only because my wife is very partial to it) in a pint spray bottle of water. But you can use any spray disinfectant like Lysol that you can pick up at the Dollar Store or any grocery store.

Orv
Orv, I have the Pursue spray. Wonder if that too concentrated to spray directly on the CG water outlets? Guess it can't be any worse than bleach?

Ozz, the only problem is that you have to still wash your dishes and take a shower in beer. Wait, I think I did that shower thing once in college... kinda fuzzy. Not sure.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik
Orv
Orv, I have the Pursue spray. Wonder if that too concentrated to spray directly on the CG water outlets? Guess it can't be any worse than bleach?

[/quote]
The spray will work just fine. I'd use it but don't have it because wife uses the other stuff for other things.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I was digging out the manual for the water heater and in that slot was also the one for the black water flush. Looking at that manual, it says to not use a hose you also use for drinking. So there must be a valid reason. I have a separate hose marked with black electrical tape near the connectors to make it easy to identify it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I went out and actually bought a real BLACK hose so there would be no confusing them. I have a 4 faucet manifold because I have one more YELLOW hose coming off of the CG water supply as my wife kept disconnecting my back flush hose to water her flowers, lawn, wash the car, boat, 5ver, etc.

One more blank faucet guarantees that she will leave MY hoses alone...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
My concern with a bleach spray and especially if it is windy, is getting it on your clothes. It would leave a wonderful spotted pattern that doesn't show up till later. If in a strong concentration, will eat right through the cloth. I think we will use the clorox or lysol disinfectant clothes that come in a handy plastic container. It also won't spill in your rig. After wiping the handle and spigot you just dispose in the trash. I like the idea of running the water a little before hooking up the hose.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote