Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
hosssmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14197
Looking at a 3725RL

Now that we have given the 3402RL a good deal of thought we're thinking about a 3725RL instead. We like this bathroom much better but the tiny afterthought desk is a major turn off. We would like to hear all y'alls thoughts about this 5th wheel. Think of this as being your chance to help us make our minds up about which one to buy.

hosssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
When we first went through the 3725 in Tampa (January 2014) we really liked it. For the next two hours the salesman took us around and showed us 6 or 7 other brands with almost the same floor plan. We came back at the end and just couldn't resist getting the 3725. All the obvious upgrades from our 2008 did it for me, like the 6 point level up among others. DW really liked the wide hallway and a place for a side by side W/D. The desk in the bedroom was a waste for us also, just like it was in the living room of our old 3400. We put the deck chair in storage and use the deck top for our printer and under the desk for file storage. There is nothing we do not like about the 3725RL after having living in it for almost 3 months and pulling it just over 1,300 miles. There will be others along that have had theirs longer and may have more to say. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
the model that is right for you is the right decision.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
When I saw that floor plan, I felt the desk was more of a place to write a few checks or playbills , out of the general public's eyes? Lol. Our flip top desk in the same in 3750! That is a nice floor plan!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
We have had our 14 3725 for almost 6 months now and have hauled it from the west coast to Colorado and back . We love the floor plan and the desk is a place to put out my morning wear when I need to take the lads out for the morning walk without waking the DW? Also place my slippers under the desk so easy to find I the dark. The floor plan is perfect for us I love the smaller dinning table placement so we can actually eat at it without feeling pushed into a corner. I installed many more shelves to make it work better for us the closet next to the fridge now is a pantry by placing shelves in it and below the shelves is a place for the DW to put her ironing board and iron plus the tv tables fit there also. I placed shelves in the cabinets left of the stove and across from it in the island so the DW could separate all her pot and pans. She loves it and happy wife is a good thing. If you are considering a purchase think about upgrading the mattress as the one that it comes with is a joke we went sleep number for us. Hope this helps a little any more questions for us just PM me I would be happy to talk with you about the stuff I have done to ours there is much more I have done to make it fit what we like to do camping wise.
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 AM   #6
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Our unit is modeled off the old 3400 floor plan. Our dealer currently has a 3402, 3725 and 3900 on his lot. For us, it will be the DW's decision as to which floor plan to get because, the kitchen layout will be what she wants. Me, I'd take either one but, at this point, it is a toss up between the 3725 and 3900 if we were in the market right now. It usually turns out to be the one that "talks to us" when we step in the front door.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:57 AM   #7
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
We have had ours since last Summer. We like the floorplan because the TV is easily viewable from two dining chairs, the recliners, sofa, and kitchen. I DEMAND RECLINERS FACING THE TV and this one has it. With almost the entire street side being a slideout, I believe it has most square footage of all. The rooms are perfectly balanced for us. I use the bedroom desk for my keys, money clip, wallet, weather radio, phone charging, etc. and shoes underneath. It has an end table for my CPAP machine and clock. The storage is outstanding and the side-by-side washer and dryer closet is great. The pantry is BIG. Being 6'4" and 280#, I have never been more comfortable (great bathroom) and the DW is 5' and can reach almost everything. I like the extra pin weight. Seems to make it tow really well. Our previous unit was the 3750FL and we like this one much better. Our crew: 3 adults and 5 dogs. Good luck.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have found that the more time you live and travel in these things the more critical the floor plan becomes. We had to have a fair sized place to put our PC's since we use them for everything hence the 06 3400 and the 13 3402. Counter space is a big thing for Helen her tape measure said the 06 3400 and the 13 3402 had the most counter space. Then second vanity and sink was a big thing for me although IMO the sink is near useless. Plenty of inside storage space for clothing, pots, pans, dishes cookware sine we live in this thing for long periods of time.

We each have our individual needs and lifestyle and we choose the that meets those needs.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We have been in our 3725 now since October and we just LOVE it!! The floor plan flows so nice and the extra wide hallway helps make it feel like a condo and not a trailer. DW Loves the side by side washer and dryer and the HUGE panty. We use the desk in the bedroom just as extra counter space, as it is really useless as a desk. The extra outside storage compartment on the street side is great for storing tools and extra hoses that would normally be in the front compartment. We really do feel that this is the best floor plan of them all.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #10
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
We have had two 3400's and had no plans to change.....until we saw the 3725. The wife LOVED the open floor plan, and we both really liked the bathroom being fully enclosed. The large shower/tub is nice too. It just seems so much more spacious to us. Both of us love the level up as well. The small desk/counter in the bedroom is no big deal to us, we seldom use it. It makes a nice place to lay my glasses, hat, etc, so I can find them easier. Also like the hallway, and the large closet area. Many more things we like about it that are just too numerous to mention here. Have already done a couple of mods to it. Swapped locations with the sofa/dining table, and like it much better OUR way. PM me if you want to know how/what I had to do. One thing, it is MUCH heavier in the pin weight area than the 3400's were. Had to account for that. But it is a foot longer up front, and there is more stuff in the closet too, such as a hamper, cabinet, etc. All in all, we like it VERY much.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote