Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
Is Anyone Using SONOS iIn Their RV?

My wife and I recently bought a Sonos system that we use in our home. Man, has technology come a long way!

Being in Florida, we're using a Bose system to listen to music right now but the thought occurred to me that I could simply take the Sonos system and put it in my Montana and, using the Verizon network we have, have a full-fledged, wireless hi fi system in our RV.

Anyone tried it?

captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
I guess I don't know what a Sonos system is. Can you explain?
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Here is a link. http://www.sonos.com/?lang=en-us&reg...kAAA&gclsrc=ds
Now I know.
Jay D.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Very interesting system. I can see where it could solve some issues that come up in the systems we have now.
Here is a link if anyone wants to read about Sonos.
Sonos
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
It's pricey but it's a very good system in my opinion. In our home, we have one speaker in our bedroom, one in the bathroom, and two speakers and the subwoofer in the living room.

We run it off of our home network but I'm thinking that with our Verizon mifi hotspot we could use that as the network on the road.

Basically, you need a power source for the speakers and a network. Other than that, you don't need to add anything and it is completely wireless. Also, if you have an Android or iPhone or an iPad you can use it as a remote control for your Sonos system.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Bigsky3625RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12815
Never heard of it. We have Rotel surround sound receiver. Use Paradigm speakers. For the house that is.

If you go to higher end audio store don't mention BOSE...........it stands for Buy Other Sound equipment.
Bigsky3625RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
Big Sky, my home Sonos system is a complement to my main home hi-fi system which is much more complex than the Sonos system is. It includes a Sue subwoofer, Polk speakers and Marantz components.

I'm familiar with the Bose snobbery by high-end audio stores. I've been an audiophile since the 1970s. I'm also an active musician and singer and I use two separate professional Bose systems for my live performances. They are outstanding!

Aside from their live performing technology, Bose excels in the smaller systems as well in my opinion. Their Wave technology allows decent bass out of small units. The key is understanding that these are not high fidelity units but meant to enhance your listening when you're doing things such as, for example, RVing.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
I know Bose makes a similar system now. Actually you could probably buy many brands of a similar system at all different quality and price ranges. They are a nice way to go.
Jay D.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
In my living room in my home I use a Klitch sound bar with a wireless subwoofer. In my man cave I use a Vizio sound bar with a wireless subwoofer and two auxiliary speakers. I'm satisfied with both systems. Of course the man cave system is more robust, that's only logical.

But the man cave system is also Bluetooth capable, so I can send tunes from my iPhone or iPad playing Pandora to my heart's content.

I'm not as fancy in my Monte. The sound system inside the trailer is just fine playing tunes from either my DirecTV satellite or from the iPhone or iPad using the wired auxiliary connection. So either way I get the tunes I want wherever I am.

I've also got a couple little mushroom speakers that are Bluetooth powered. I use those when I'm outside and want to listen to MY tunes whilst I enjoy a cigar and brewski while the missus is inside watching something on the TV that holds no interest for me. The sound from these little fellers is pretty amazing - good enough for an old fart whose ear where destroyed with loud music of the 60's and 70's.

To me, it's optimal versus maximal. . .
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote