Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #21
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
One shouldn't use treated wood in a campfire because of the chance of hazardous fumes (but I think he's joking about the campfire comments). However, all kidding aside, I'd prefer treated wood for wood levelers so they last longer and don't rot as fast.

In the meantime I used Orange Lynx levelers under the tires, landing gear and stabilizers. I am still impressed by how much weight they support and in the kinds of terrain I have used them. A few of them are starting to split at the corners. I hear just a phone call will get replacements but I'm in no hurry. I have two sets of ten so there are still plenty of good ones.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We have been in a couple of parks that requested we put protection under the level-up or jacks. One that I can remember had blacktop pads and you could see where there were divots left from prior tenants.

We have both the plastic and wood Bob cut for use prior to the level-ups.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #23
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Weight distribution is why we cut our boards into 2 ft. lengths. You will greatly minimize the possibility of divots in the blacktop with the longer length. We use the pressure treated wood to make it last on the damp and wet ground. When they wear out we have no intension of disposing of them in a camp fire for the health reasons mentioned.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote