Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
boat391, we really enjoy our 3725 especially the large pantry, island, side/side WD, and extra storage. Safe Travels & Have Fun.

Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Packer fan..How I made the shelves work was pretty simple I took a piece of oak and ripped it to 3/4x3/4 then cut to length of the inside cabinet predrilled it the screwed it to the inside of the cabinet using 1&1/4 inch screws any place it was not solid wood to attach to I used a Molly screw set up. Then I set the shelve down on it an screwed it down to the ledge I created then I put the face board in the front and screwed it from the back side so nothing is seen once again I predrilled everything so no wood would crack or split.the long shelve inside the top cabinet right of the entry door I put a leg in the center to support extra weight. Hope this helps a little.I only have a I pad so I need to figure out how to get the pics and down load them I will try to get that going as soon as I can it really turned out great looks like the factory did this instead of a old broke down logging truck driver. I have found that I really enjoy building things for my trailer so I just take my time and measure everything a hundred times then go after it. It's fun happy camping and if you need more help PM me and I'll give you my cell # we can figure anything out .
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #23
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Tim we are heading to Quartsite in January but leaving Sacramento are around December 26th, I lost my mother in September so these holidays haven't been much fun. We are going to Camp Verde first and then to John's cousin's in Glendale, AZ he is the manager at a RV dealer for Montana's in Surprise AZ. We purchased a 2013 3900FB from him in January and we really love having a bath and a half. We hope to see you and Meridith on our travels. We were just at Westport in October after my mother passed away I needed to get out of town for a while.
Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Debbie so sorry to hear about your mom I lost mine two years ago and still not a day passes with a thought or two about her. Not sure about getting to AZ that soon we plan on heading back to Grand Junction in the spring my close friend is battling liver cancer so we need to get back out to see him as much as we can. So glad to see you moved up to your new floor plan that's way cool. We are very happy with our new toy too and hope we can get together with you and John that always a great time. Keep us posted about when you may head our way and we will try to hook up with you guys. Do you still have Maggie? We now travel with 2 labs it interesting to say the least. Take care till we see you guys and travel safe.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Tim,
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about doing it the same way so glad to see that it will work. It's a bit hard to any type of wood working right now as all of my tools are in storage since we sold the house and went full time in the Monty. Guess I will have to do a little reorganizing with my tools and see what I can do. Thanks again!
Scott
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #26
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
If you get out here to California I would be happy to cut it all out for you. I love playing with my tools DW hates it cause I always find a reason to buy a new tool. It will be interesting when we get the chance to full time might be one heck of a garage sale. Good luck with the shelves and if you do need help let me know maybe I can rip all the stuff and send it to you.