Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
djgodden
Established Member

M.O.C. #18183
Clogged filter?

My 2005 2955RL toilet suddenly stopped water flow. I found a bunch of gunk (white calcified crap) in the screen. So... I dumped the water heater and flushed it. Loads and loads of that crap came out of the water heater drain. Got it all flushed out and checked kitchen, bathroom sink and shower flow is still a bit slow. Is there another filter or screen I need to check?
Thanks!

2005 Montana 2955RL, 400w Renogy Solar w/charge controller charging 4 6v 225AH for 12V at 450AH, 3000W GoPower Inverter
djgodden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The white stuff in the water heater is normal, and a good reason to annually drain the tank and flush it out, checking/replacing the anode at the same time. The water heater water does not go to the the toilet, so what you saw was just mineral deposits from hard water. I purchased a Watts water softener several years ago, and it made a huge difference in hard water deposits on fixtures and in the screens of the plumbing system.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Also check flow without any water filter in the line from park water supply. Needless to say, if flow into toilet bowl is restored, it is well past time to replace that filter. I also run a water softener inline to reduce the crap.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Is your flow impeded when running off the pump? If not the problem is in your incoming water supply. Look at the screen on the city water hook-up. Insure the check valve at the same location has not improperly seated. You can generally manipulate that with your finger or a screw driver on the white button. If you are running a pressure regulator and the park has one on the spigot it will often retard water flow. Let us know what you find.