Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Practice and Testing Forum
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
picture test

Can anyone see the picture when clicking on this link?

http://client.webshots.com/photo/215...15543463FYdoBK

Can anyone see this picture below?

Thanks.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Steve and Vicki

When clicking on the link I see your pics.very nice by the way.The below one-Nope-no pic.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
Montana_2207

M.O.C. #2207
Yes, I could see the pictures, your rig, truck and boat.
Nice boat!!
Bernie and Kay
Montana_2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:07 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, both of you. I loved that boat but, unfortunately, had to sell it when we decided to fulltime.

Trying something different to see if this picture shows here. As I recall it was raining when I took this picture to test out a new digital camera.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:24 AM   #5
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
ok, a test for the avatar!
Montana_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:24 AM   #6
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
getting closer...
Old 12-04-2004, 05:25 AM   #7
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
let's try this again...
Old 12-04-2004, 05:39 AM   #8
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
success???
Old 12-04-2004, 07:08 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I knew you could do it!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #10
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I think there are a few people on this forum who have a lot of time on their hands. A new kind of freedom. Maybe we should have some kind of contest.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 03:19 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
So Steve,
I've used Webshots for years but didn't think of using it for the forum. Looks like you can create a link for people to go to but not a path. Right. By the way, I'm having a strange problem. We were down south over TG and my computer down there gets me the latest posts as well as the little town/temparture things everyone has. My great multi media Sony up here in the north does not. I have trouble getting things posted today and cannot get the town/temparture. As I've said before, I'm always embrassed to ask since I'm suppose to know, I'm an IS director and have been playing with computers since the mid 70's. Even did some programming back in the Cobalt days but this thing really has me stumped. I've changed settings galore and can't fix it.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 03:58 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Parrothead, Webshots has a disclaimer on their site now saying we can provide a link for others to view our pictures on their webpages but we can no longer link so an image shows on our page, such as here. So now I'm using our own webspace for images I want to show here and for some things I'm using www.hostmyimages.net . Once I post something at hostmyimages I get the url but it's then public property so I'm careful what I put there. Plus they've had server problems a couple of times and lost what I'd put out there. Thus some of the red x's above.

When you use your Sony what do you see? Red X's? Or nothing where the graphics should be? This is a longshot but it kind of sounds like some settings in Internet Explorere's Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Multimedia. Make sure those boxes are checked. There are boxes for seeing pictures, animations, movies, etc., in webpages.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #13
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Ed,
I think I can beat the Cobalt resume. When we were in college we programmed in GOTRAN a predecessor to FORTRAN. God help you if you dropped the deck on the way to the lab. It almost scarred me out of the whole thing except that I was fortunate enough to work in GM's AC Spark Plug unit's computer development lab where we designed and developed inertial navigation equipment tht depended on the very latest computing technology. Had not thought about that in a long time. Thanks for the memoies.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:57 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Guess I'm in the same timeframe. I started with IBM Autocoder, an assembler language. COBOL was next, then LASS Assembler (Univac) in the Navy. Fortran, Basic, etc., came later on. Did you guys also "program" the old 407 accounting machines, interpreters, etc? That was lots of fun given I'm somewhat colorblind!

Dave, we used to put a diagonal stripe across the top of a card deck just in case we dropped them! It saved my bacon a couple of times.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:35 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You guys are really going back. I remember the diagonal highlighter on the deck of something. I worked with a lot of the old accounting machines since accounting was originally my game. I did Univac in the early 80's until the County Office of Education decided they were not in the stream of things. I did enough programing to be really dangerous as a user because when the P's told me it couldn't be done I always said Yes it can, it is just going to take some time. I didn't stay with the programming because I can't sit still that long. Now I know why Steve is the legend. He is use to sitting at the box for a long, long time. Steve, I do not get a red x where the town/temparture jpg should be. But the current posts is what is really bugging me. By the way, when I get really frustrated with Windows, I open a DOS window and go back to doing what I know I can do. I still remember all the Edlin commands. But I also move ahead to all the new stuff also. I just implemented a new Studen Information System for the School District I work for and got to learn a lot about networks I didn't know.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:10 AM   #16
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Steve,Yes, I remember the marker stripe. I also remember that we sent the programs off to "keypunch" where they were typed twice and compared for errors before coming back.

Most of my hands on work was on the hardware end of things. Up until the late eighties, or so, almost everything was done in assembly language. Some of it was pretty crude. The amazing thing is that a lot of that stuff is still flying today.

But, some was pretty amazing. I remember being in an R&D manager's office in the Teletype plant in Illinois about 1962. They had a prototype of an inkjet printer running at that time. The mamger told us he thought this would be the future. Teletype is gone but inkjets are in.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #17
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
damn..u guys go WAY back..and i thought i was "old school"..LOL
i remember when my brother took me to his job in Smyrna, DE and he was doing the comp. ops. using cables...(think Lillian Tomlin from Laugh In)..for the programming of jobs....
I used to work for U. of DE in the late 70's (i'm only 43)..and used the punch cards for all the job runs there...
b4 that it was (UGH!) programming COBOL and having to get the code right, and repunching (it was automatic then) the cards..but I do remember the "keypunch personnel"....
(and I rememeber the strips, too)..

HAHAHA.. what a difference today, eh??

Having been in the IT industry since then, things have changed....can't wait to change careers...(any ideas?????)

Old 12-05-2004, 05:21 PM   #18
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
Dave & Vic..
VERY NICE webpage of your travels..
you've spent a lot of time in your well thought-out webpages of your history...
(and I thought I had it good..)...
Check out my pathetic pages at www.onionringfactory.com (hahahahaha)..
Kudos!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:47 AM   #19
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Tedd & Lilian
Thanks for the kind words. Your pages are a great start. We need to see more. Also, if you havn't, visit Steve and Vicki Reigles "postcards". They have a clever way of organizing the material. These digital cameras are wonderful...
Dave
Old 12-06-2004, 03:45 AM   #20
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Dave and Victoria: Steve and I met when he was a Navy programmer and I was a keypunch operator with a civilian contractor.

p.s. Thanks for the kind words re our webpage. Taking the pictures and writing the postcards helps me to keep the braincells from dying at too fast a pace.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote