Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
New floor plan 3750FL

My dealer is have an open house and sent an email with info. First thing I noticed was a just arrived Montana 3750FL floor pan. They had a floorplan like this a few years ago and we wanted one but they were nolonger making it. I would need more turck. Pictures on Montana site of inside look nice.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
DW and I liked this floorplan when we first started to look for our Monty back in 2005/2006, but by the time we finally decided on a Monty, we were told the floorplan was going away, so we went with the 3500RL because we needed to provide for guests and both of these allowed the LR to be closed off as guest quarters.

I just went online to look at this new floorplan and I like the 5 small slides which provides for much open space in the separate living areas (BR, LR, DR/KIT). However, the pantry went away unless that it's by the desk. The Toilet is now out in the open and should be where the W/D closet is located. I would rather have the W/D in the open than the Toilet area. I like the new wraparound sofa in the LR. I wonder if the head room clearance for the living room is higher. I am not tall but most of my friends I RV with are over 6' and the old 2005 floorplan barely worked. Lastly, any new Monty means a new truck for me. This one has a GTWR of 15,700lbs and that's over most SRW Fords. I would definitely go with a DRW truck of some kind.

No doubt these are nice rigs, but I can only visit them at the lot or at an MOC friend that invites me in...
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have really liked the appearance of the few front living plans I have seen in the past. But my concern, at least for me, is the ceiling height. At a little over 6'-4", I can walk about half way into our bedroom before bumping my head. If the front living areas have a similar head height, I could never get used to bending over in the living area. And certainly no ceiling fan. I would guess the living area ceiling height limitation is the main reason you see so few of them.
I very much like the high ceilings in the living areas of the standard models.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
This is the model we saw at the Fall Rally. There is a lot of storage in the basement that is lost. It's only a bit over 2 feet front to back.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
The model 3750FL was indeed revealed to us at the Rally in Goshen as NCFischers said.
The basement does suffer for the extra headroom in the living room. If I remember correctly, the ceiling was around the 6ft6in area.
This particular floor plan was discontinued early 2000/01 as reported by Aram at the rally, but has been in demand as evident in other brands producing the fl's.
We were impressed by the front half of the unit but not by the rest of it, bathroom and bedroom had a lot to desire for our taste. But, that is why they make the different models for different tastes!
We'll more than likely see one at the Tampa show this Friday when we go and see the new models and Glenn!!!!!!
I forgot, they also mentioned the weight was a little more, that surely would mean a lot bigger truck for me.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
With the living room up top you are always going up and down the stairs.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
When we saw this model at the Rally there were at least 15 or so of our friends seeing it at the same time... I felt very claustrophobic in it. Just not our cup of tea but I'm sure it will be someone elses dream home.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
looked at that trailer at our dealer. I'm only 5'7" and my head just cleared the slides if I bent slightly in the living room when standing up.Storage as mentioned is terrible. I noticed the living
room slides had cables to operate them. They did not look to be hydraulic. More room in our 3665RE living room and way more storage with only four slides.
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
et2, you're correct, the front slides did have cables, not hydraulic. That looked very undersirable to us. These cables are visible from inside the coach by just looking over the top edge of the slide.
The slides were not as high as the ceiling and it looked easy to bump your head when rising from the couch.
There again though, they are making different models for everyone.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote