Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #21
5WRon
Established Member

M.O.C. #8763
I want to relate my personal experience with Bridgestone.

We bought a new Honda Pilot in 2004 which had Bridgestone tires. The separation and air loss of one of these tires happened at a little over 5,000 miles. We took it back to the dealer and they said the Bridgestone warranty would cover this.

It just so happened that a Bridgestone dealer was right across the street. I took the tire to the tire dealer; they inspected it and found it was a manufacture default, and called Bridgestone for authority to replace. Bridgestone told the tire dealer (and I also talked to the rep) that since it was OEM on the Honda that it was the auto dealers’ responsibility. I did show them my Bridgestone warranty. After many rollings of this tire between both each blamed the other. I saw an attorney which he said I definitely have a case against Bridgestone but it would cost me more than a new set of tires (not to mention the months/years of waiting).

I had all four replaced with Coopers.

In the next couple of months I wrote letters everywhere, made calls without solutions. I became so frustrated that I shipped all four tires (yes, paid to ship all 4) with my concerns/complaints to Bridgestone’s CEO. I never heard anything from Bridgestone.

All I can say is I hope if you need help from Bridgestone that you have more luck than I did. I have had Bridgestone tires on a car in the past and was very happy with them. However, until this time I didn’t have any claims. I will never consider or buy Bridgestone again.

Although this sounds like another business/company bashing, I hope you understand this is just my one experience and don’t take this wrong. I just wonder if others have had the same non-support?

Safe travels to all,
Ron

5WRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Ron,
I think this was probably one of those isolated cases that occurs from time to time. A lot of warranty problems occur because of poor dealer to customer relationships. Some dealers are only interested in the money coming in while the good dealers are looking for the future income. Every business that I do business with knows that if he/she treats me right, I'll be back. In the case of my Bridgestone tires, I know I'll be back at the dealer who sold them to me when I need new ones.

I hate it when dealers get to arguing among themselves and with the auto manufacturers. Whenever I had a tire problem with new automobiles under warranty, I always took the tire to the tire dealer who never failed to honor the warranty.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #23
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Those are the ones I am looking at. How do you like them, David?
Dave,
I bought my Bridgestone Duravis tires from Lonnie at his recommendation 22 months ago and I've been very pleased with them. I think it pays to go with the experts and not just on what some of us consumers might think. We can only provide our experience.

Orv
I believe that Bridgestone makes several different tires named Duravis. My Silverado came with 265/75/16 E's and I have been completely underwhelmed with them. They have lasted about 30,000 and are pretty whipped. I hope yours are better - at least it sounds like they are.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I believe the specific Bridgestone tire I was looking at is the Duravis R500 HD 265/75/16.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote