Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Bill great pictures and label. It looks like you are right...but my and most of the newer conveinience centers have a shower hose right there with a threaded standard outdoor maie hose connection on it that can then be hooked into the fresh water conection and diverted to the fill the tank. A long route for the water but the pumps doing the work and I don't have to lift the water jug and try to pour it in the fresh water fill. Thanks everyone I think artfuldoger and I have a soluation to putting water in from jugs.

iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by iowaone
...but my and most of the newer conveinience centers have a shower hose right there with a threaded standard outdoor most hose connection on it that can then be hooked into the fresh water conection and diverted to the fill the tank.

Duhhh, why didn’t I think of that?
A simple solution, that’s one of the things that make this forum so great. We have an outside shower about 6” from the fresh tank water fill. That is by far the easiest route in order to fill it from shore water. You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve un-hooked the water hose just to move it 2-3” to add shore water to the tank. Wow, talk about a senior moment!
Thanks for posting that!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #23
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
We do a lot of boondocking including a trip down the Baja Peninsula to Cabo San Lucas. I upgraded the water pump in my previous 2003 2955RL. I mounted the original 12 VDC water pump in a plastic ammo box (from Cabelas) with clear plastic lines on the intake and output connections. With this pump, I could draw water from 5-gallon containers or my 40-gallon bladder and pump it directly into the fill point, the city water connection, or my neighbor's fill point at "Q". At a 5-GPM pump rate, it does not take long to pump a full 40-gallon bladder into the fresh water tank.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote