Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
JPConley
Established Member

M.O.C. #10575
Electrical Schematic for 2002 3255RL

We bought this back in the summer, & this is something I've been meaning to look for. I called Keystone about it, but they said they don't have those available.

Does anyone have one? Or know where I can get one?

If so, my email is hawley.smoot1@gmail.com, for sending a soft copy. If it's hard copy, email me anyhow & I'll send my snail mail to you.

Thanks!

JPConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Sorry say they don't exist
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
There is no such animal. If you have a specific question, ask it here on the if all of the stars are aligned correctly, your answer may just magically appear!! Seriously, there is a wealth of knowledge and information available here at your fingertips.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
JPConley
Established Member

M.O.C. #10575
Well, part of it was laziness - trying to ID which CB controls what - the panel is labeled cryptically & with poor penmanship. I had one pop Sat night - the furnace was running, & I'd turned on a space heater in the bedroom. I was surprised that caused one to pop - I wouldn't expect one CB to be receptacle(s) AND an appliance - odd to my mind anyway. Guess I'll just have to trip each one, check appliances, and carry my little fan to ID receptacles.

Also, it would've been handy if I wanted to add stuff down the line. By knowing the details I could make more intelligent decisions. Well, as intelligent as my pea brain can get.

But one specific question regards the 2nd CB panel. There's the one toward the back, under the pantry. That's got most of the CBs plus the power converter. However, that 2nd one is up toward the front, under the TV cabinet. All it's got is a 20A and a 30A that are linked together. OK, I get the 50A, my primary input. What I don't get is why they put it there (OK, Keystone "logic," I guess - don't really expect any other answer). Also, why not just a single 50A? Well, maybe that's more "logic," too.

And a WOW! I got the 1st 2 responses in 10 minutes! Amazing!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:53 AM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Jape,
You have a used model. Are you sure that the second circuit breaker panel isn't an add on by a previous owner? I'm not familiar with how Keystone wired their old units but all of the new ones I've encountered have only one panel. What does the second panel control?
NCFischers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
JPConley
Established Member

M.O.C. #10575
J&V, hmmmmmmmmm... now you've got me curious. As in my previous post, I've assumed the shore power went there first & then to the back panel. I'll have to give that a check when I get home, so more on that later.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Can't answer the "Keystone logic" questions, but with regards to the space heater, unless the older models are completely different the furnace operates on DC feed to control the circuit board and propane. It should not have an impact on a breaker. The interesting part in these rigs is discovering through trial and error exactly what outlets, appliances, etc. are daisy-chained onto a breaker. I think you are already aware that the only path to discovery is through trial and error and experimenting with the breakers by turning them on and off. Sorry I can't provide more help, but if you are like me, at least when you get it all figured out, you will gain the satisfaction of knowing how everything is wired. It is too bad that the knowledge has to come through this route and not Keystone, but it is what it is.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NCFischers

Jape,
You have a used model. Are you sure that the second circuit breaker panel isn't an add on by a previous owner? I'm not familiar with how Keystone wired their old units but all of the new ones I've encountered have only one panel. What does the second panel control?
Seems to me we had someone else sometime ago with a unit with the extra panel. They were insistent that it was installed at the factory. Makes me wonder.......
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote