Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 AM   #301
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
Does anyone know what the record number of pages is for one topic?

waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:25 AM   #302
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Back on Topic!!!

If louvers help the mileage what about the louvered hoods we put on custom trucks in the 1980's or louvered license plates (not legal in California). Maybe we were on to something back then with all the louvering we did. Might have to check back into that, custom work and fuel savings all in one. Sorry Robbie we used very little chrome, and Carol no diamonds we were going for the California Cruiser look.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #303
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Do louvers have to be slanted?

Ooops! Never mind - the string takes care of that.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #304
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
I was at the RV show here in Denver yesterday. There was a company there selling truck accessories. I asked the guy some of the relevant questions about tailgates from this thread. He left the booth.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #305
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bragging or complaining Robbie?
Would have like to have seen the sales rep on the truck accessory booth when you asked them our pointed questions!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #306
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
This string thing???? Are you talking about something like venetian blinds? Might work if we can just figure how to notch and unnotch (
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #307
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Clyde, That just goes to show that salespeople hate the real technical questions. They just sell the stuff and don't worry about how it works. Only here with all the inquiring minds and technical discussions can you really found out the true answers.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #308
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Yall are killing me
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #309
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am curious as to the response of the truck accessories booth representative. Did he leave the booth because he is actually a covert louvered tailgate thread poster (or even an artificial thread lengthener) and had to add more relevant information to this fascinating thread......or was he actually trying to verify sailer's statement about the replenishing diesel fuel as a result of the louvered tailgates. Maybe he/she realizes that if they can independently verify this, that their projected sales of louvered tailgates would skyrocket. If he/she is not a covert poster, maybe they saw the light and had to quickly step out to corner the market on the supply side of the louvered tailgates. Now I am reconsidering big-time, because the value of these tailgates are obviously going to skyrocket (this could potentially affect your TV's trade-in value in the future). This may also be an excellent ground-floor investment opportunity if we act quickly (unless of course we have missed the boat with the proverbial louvered sails). When we get the anticipated payback, we will FINALLY BE ABLE TO AFFORD CAROL'S DIAMONDS!!!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:01 AM   #310
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
there you go again with those DIAMONDS for the louvered tailgate. What has not been discussed is the security required for DIAMONDS attached to a tailgate. The owner would have to take security precautions, such as sleeping in the bed of the TV, or purchasing two Rotweillers, therefore increasing load weight with dog food, or hiring security guards 24/7.

Well of course there is another security alternative to Diamond Studded Tailgates. That is, remove the tailgate and put it in the bed of the Hanna for storage until you get on the road again.

Now Carol, this is for you. An alternative to the last paragraph is to put the Diamonds on the DW's finger and put her in the bed!!!! You just may be surprised what you reap.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #311
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
The original suggestion was Diamonds, for Christmas, some DUDE here on this thread decided that I meant on the louvered tailgate.

BLECHHH, I let ya have your fun, but really dudes, do you think a WOMAN cares one bit about the louvered or non louvered tailgate?? GET READ DUDES!!

The diamonds, and maybe the rubies are for the gal of your life, as in Jewelry, to wear round her neck, on her finger, earrings, even toe rings, but louvered tailgates, Hummmmphhhh!

And NO CUBIC!!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #312
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I think you all are making a MOCery of Waldo's question.

Please try to do better....and stay on topic! You all know better!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:03 AM   #313
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That hurts Robbie, we are trying very hard to be relevant, but we are running out of meaningful things to contribute to artificially lengthened louvered tailgate threads!! Are you suggesting that we are about ready to concede and let this thing die????
Bingo
Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #314
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Concede? Did I hear CONCEDE!

Bingo, I'm not sure you have been paying attention! There is a lot of interest in the subject about louvered tail gates pro and con...just look at the interest!

The word CONCEDE is verging on MOCery! Stop a thread that has this kind of interest????

There are other important questions people got to know!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #315
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Bingo, This is a very technical discussion, So far we have gone from the pros and cons of louvered tailgates to how to improve them, for those who want them. Some of these very inventive and far thinking ideas may even have changed the minds of devoted stock tailgaters. Who knows, maybe we should have patented some of these ideas before putting them up on a semi-public forum. I bet that sales rep has started doing research and development already and is looking to bring out his own line of technically advanced highly decorative louvered tailgates with many options such as solar de-icing, adjustable louvers, chrome or diamond finish, or many of the other great enhancements we have unveiled here.

This has got to be the most in depth discussion that has gone on here, as Robbie noted just look at the interest in this subject.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #316
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Jim, you and Robbie are correct. I have returned to my senses and am now eagerly awaiting further in-depth discussion with regards to our tailgate preferences. Myself, I hate to be tailgated, but luckily, I don't have the rear-view camera system yet so most of the time I am not aware that I am being tailgated. With this in mind, if I install horizontal blinds on the large rear window of the 3400, and mounted my rear-view camera system to peer between the blind slats (which we can refer to as louvers), then technically I would have a louver-compatible rear camera system!!!! Cool!!!
Bingo
Old 01-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #317
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really disappointed in Carol. I thought she had a real interest in louvered tailgates and it turns out her only interest is diamonds. well rubies also
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #318
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Will this thread never die???????????????????

Sign me: Loover Boy

(To Louve or not to Louve, now THAT is the question!!)
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #319
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Phil,
Good louves as well as louvers never die, they simply grow closer together. When they grow close enough together that the air flow is interrupted, then problems such as turbulence and stuffiness reappear, and a good louve counselor needs to be consulted. These louve counselors are not cheap, so one usually has to pawn diamonds and rubies as well to afford them. Still creative and still louvering along!!!!!!!!!
Bingo
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #320
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Robbie, how many Diamonds does it take to make a "Quartsite".
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote