Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
Hey! New owners, and veterans too!

The snow is FINALLY receding, the ice is melting too and we're finding that there is actually lawn that exists under all this white stuff. It has been a long, long cold winter.

Depending on how you have had your unit stored, it may have been exposed to all of winters wrath this year. Ice snow, more snow, a little more snow, some ice again. It can be hard on the roof, and other components.

If you are a new owner make sure you take the time to read the paperwork that came with your new unit. If you bought used and didn't have a lot of information, take the time to look your items up on line. There are plenty of things that need to be checked, inspected and operated.

Don't take for granted that your new unit was gone over and everything has been checked. No offence intended to the guys and gals at the big or little dealerships, but they go through a lot of these units. they assume you are going to know, or that it is common knowledge that "this" has to be done prior to doing "that".

I check a good number of things. Some of the things are:

1. Electrical connectors for corrosion and tightness.
2. My brother-in-law lost a tire off the dual rear wheel of his MH because the dealer didn't tighten the lug nuts. My wife insists that I check them.
3. Water heater anode condition
4. Freshwater system pressurized and no leaks present.

How about you? What are you going to check this spring?

egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Just finished checking battery water level and tire pressures today. Still have to de winterize it, check lug nut torque, and clean the carpets for the new season. And replace the mountain on the front.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:59 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Sorry you had to deal with the cold and white stuff. Palm trees, warm weather, or beautiful high desert or oregon coast is all I want to see during the 12 months of a year. John
Old 04-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #4
chris199
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17167
Sooo tired of winter. Why anyone (including my DW and me) lives north of South Carolina is a mystery. SEPA should be considered like the northern regions of Canada....good for hunting and fishing perhaps. ..not living.

My mantra: We are all due reparations from the successors of the Pilgrams. If the Pilgrims had landed in Savanah....I'd be living in Daytona right now instead of the Philly area.

Pulled the TT out of storage to trade next week. Camping starts April 10 for us in VT when we pick up our first Montana.

Great topic for this time of year. I was amazed that my hookup procedure had been so hit/miss yesterday. Have get back in the routine so as not to forget anything. Will go thru the TT this weekend and get her ready.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 AM   #5
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

Sorry you had to deal with the cold and white stuff. Palm trees, warm weather, or beautiful high desert or oregon coast is all I want to see during the 12 months of a year. John
You have made my list Mister!
egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ours is never off line but still requires constant maint and checks. Wiping down the slide rails and 6 point rams today.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote