Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
werobinson

M.O.C. #7535
Installing a new A/C unit over our bedroom

I was given a new Carrier V air conditioning unit that has never been installed and now I have a few questions... I have the ceiling kit, but no instructions, as well. When installing, I see some have said I will need longer bolts, can anyone tell me the size of bolts I will need? Is it my understanding the new rooftop unit doesn't bolt to the roof, but connects down through the existing roof opening and this seals it properly? Will I need any sealant type material? I'm a mechanic by trade, but I have never installed an RV air conditioning unit.
Any other things I should be aware of when installing this unit?

Thank You,
WEROBINSON

werobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
WEROBINSON, here are the install instructions, hope that helps. It may answer most of your questions.
If not post again.
Good luck.
Ozz

http://tiny.cc/AC15

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
werobinson

M.O.C. #7535
Thank You for sending the link..all questions answered.
werobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
hoserwv
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7711
JUST INSTALLED THE SAME UNIT. THE BOLTS WITH THE KIT ARE 7 1/2 IN. I COULD NOT GET THEM STARTED, SO I BOUGHT 8 IN. BOLTS. AFTER I GOT THE GASKET COMPRESSED I INSTALLED THE ORIGINAL BOLTS. WAS A EZ INSTALL. HOPE THIS HELPS.
hoserwv is offline   Reply With Quote