Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Doug and Anita
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3321
wet carpet

Help! I have 2006 model 3295 that has the return air vent underneath the bottom stair to the bedroom. The carpet is very wet around the vent area. We do have a washer/dryer stack unit but all of the connections are tight and I do not believe there is a leak. Where could this water be coming from. This is the only place that is damp. Any ideas?

Doug and Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I'm sorry I can't answer you question, but I'm sure someone will be by to help you out. But, I do have a question, are you using your furnace? if so, is that when you noticed the wet carpet? I will be following this post because I'm living in mine in Ohio and I haven't had the need so far to turn on my furnace yet....and my fresh air return is in the same location yours. Good Luck Doug and Anita!
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Doug, have you checked the drain and surround in your shower/tub some folks had trouble with leaks in this area. Water could be dripping into the basement area under the stairs. Just something to check.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
Open the pass through compartment on the door side of your gig. Next remove the the wall panel on your left when looking into the compartment. You'll find several water hoses and conections in there around the furnace and water pump, if it's the same as my 06 2955. I did have one connection come loose and leak water up in Alaska. Good luck.
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Doug - we also have an '06 3295 & I had a leak from our shower drain. Mine went straight down into the basement area, but could also have wicked over and down in the same area as you describe. Check as described by Daneboy above & I'll bet you find the source. Mike
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:39 AM   #6
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We own a 3400RL but we had our water hose that is connected to the water pump break loose just under where you are talking about in the basement. We had to go to the street side in the basement and unscrew the panel on the right and reconnect the hose. It wasn't pretty either. But if that is where your water pump is located that might be the monster. Good luck.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
Doug and Anita
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3321
After further checking,it appears that the leak is in the wall between the stairs and the stack washer and dryer in spot that I can not get to without cutting into a wall or possible dragging the washer/dryer out and checking the wall from that side. Does anyone knom if that wall may be open on that side by the washer or will I have to cut into the wall to repair a leak? Maybe the drain is in that wall but I am not sure. Any more suggestions?
Doug and Anita is offline   Reply With Quote