Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
ChiefKB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5913
See Level II gauge installation

I purchased a 709/4PH-1004 See Level II Tank Monitor System several years ago and I just haven't gotten around to installing them. Meanwhile I upgraded 3400RL by purchased a new 2014 Montana 3850FL last year and I would really like to install the gauges in the new rig. I have been hesitant to do so, not having ever removed the underbelly layers of any Montana 5th wheel. Can anyone give me some insight on what the install actually entails? Any idea if I can find out what the tank layout is so I know where I am heading before I actually pull back the underbelly ? Is the underbelly sealed with any kind of adhesive and how difficult it to replace? I have inquired with several dealers in my area and costs to install the gauge package on my rig would be near $1000, which seemed to be a bit high. Thanks for your advice.

ChiefKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:40 AM   #2
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Hi Ken,

The under belly is just screwed on, and it can be unbolted and dropped down. On my model the Black and Shower tanks were in front of the axles, and I was able to unbolt the back and drop it down. On the galley sink tank, it was between the axles, so I cut a access door (cut on three sides), and just duck taped close when done. On fresh water I also cut access door.

There is just one pair of wires that go to all gauges in parallel, and I was able to fish the wire via the two doors I cut for galley and fresh tanks.

Since it was a bit colder than recommended when I installed, I stuck a small heater up in the belly to warm things up where I was applying the gauge.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote