Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
A fix for some alignment problems?

Has anyone heard of this system?
http://www.themobileoutfitters.com/i...=78&Itemid=495

What they are doing makes sense but I wonder about the extra length on the spring bracket putting more strain on them.

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
This outfit must be on the up and up as it's linked on the Lippert Component website? I've seen similar stabs at home alignment using eccentrics and elongated holes in brackets at other websites on the internet. I don't have your answer, but I do have 2 or 3 comments. I'm with you on the issue of making the spring hangers essentially longer ... one would think this could cause more possible stress due to a longer "arm". Secondly ... I surely don't need my fiver 2" higher as I have no issue with my truck. This just makes the center of gravity of the fiver higher off the road. And lastly ... some of their claimed benefits seem stretching it somewhat. But hey ... a businesses success is all about how it markets its product.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote