Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Gmail email addy and spam filter...

About 2 months ago I switch my email addy to Gmail (Google) as I started getting spam on my other addy.
The Gmail spam filter works so well that it even kicked an email from "Amps" into the Spam folder. Normally I just delete any Spam without even opening the Spam file. This AM I had time so I decided to see just what was in there. There was only one piece of email from Amps. As it was from an MOCer I decided to open it. It was a request for help in placing his photo into his signature. I found no reason for it to be in the Spam folder until I took a close look at his User ID. The program apparently rearranged the letters in "AMPS" and found "SPAM" and kicked it out of the InBox. Now that's what I call a Spam Filter.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Have been using gmail for a few years, and could not be happier with the SPAM filters there. I find only a message or two a month that slips through, and that is a busy month. Yahoo email accounts I routinely find 2 to 12 per day that slip through. World of difference.

Gotta say tho, I have not had AMPS turned into SPAM. Gotta love it, great story!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Gmail is simply great! Never get any spam, and am not aware that I have ever lost a legitimate message. Truly amazing technology. The associated Picasa photo management program is also very good. (Thanks to Glenn for putting me on to that).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I have Gmail and love it. I always look at my spam just to make sure that no good mail has slipped into it. Just today I had an email from camping world in it. Don't know how that happened. It is really good about spam.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Glenn,

I have been using gmail for years, it is simply the best for my needs. If you couple gmail with the other google features you'll have one powerful set of internet tools. I especially like the ability in gmail to sort (filter) messages into specific folders. Then, you can read your gmail by category.

Adding Google calendar is a great way of sharing your whereabouts with others. On one page you can turn on/off several calendar categories and look for scheduling conflicts easily.

These are great tools!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
What the rest said, I couldn't be happier.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I switched from Earthlink to G-mail and wish I'd done it sooner. Their spam filtering is second to none.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am yet another satisfied customer of g-mail.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote