Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Front closet doors on 3400

I guess this could apply to any model and falls in the "doors falling off category". Helen noticed the closet doors binding when trying to open or close (clothing closet doors) Upon checking I found ALL the screws holding the top track were loose, stripped or missing.They had worked loose and stripped in our travels over the roads. (15 months and @ 15K miles) Used the round tooth pick and longer screw repair method..managed to stuff FOUR round tooth picks up the stripped out holes. Had the track seperated the door/Mirror would have fell off and if in transit would have been a mess. You might want to take a look and add...check closet track screws for tightness and stripping to your maint check list. Oh..also found some of the trim inside the closet had popped off..used real nails to correct that.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Rich, It gets to be fun. I just returned from a little trip,and I put the slides out and the living room slide came to a vibrateing stop half way out? I did the old walk around, look under and scratch my head routine. I could find no visible problem. I tried to put the slides back in, bedroom slide ok. Living room will not move. I found our foot stool and got up to take a look on top of slide inside of the unit and found our clock which was mounted on the wall above the slide fell off and caught under the rubber seal, It was a trip to get out but did it with no damage to rubber seal or slide top. This clock has been up there since 2004 and I have been on some nasty roads. I have had hinged doors pull out at the hinges and be on the floor when we opened the entry door. I also had the shower drain pipe pull loose and we washed the lower storage compartment, the list could go on but I will stop my whining." KEEP A LARGE TOOL BOX ON BOARD:.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, just had our front closet door tracks re-attached - specifically on the curb side - at the dealership on the last day of our one year warranty. Have not heard of any heads up on this particular problem, but sounds like both of us have now had the same experience.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If we have so have others. I think folks just don't want to talk about these little things mostly because it might indicate that they paid big bucks for a product that does not meet expectations.There were no surprises for us as we were well aware of RV quality. One of the reasons we are on this forum so much is to read about the "little things" and make sure they do not happen to us. It has saved us a lot of grief.Old Turbo..we had a drink coaster find its way to the floor and under the kitchen slide..The slide stopped..it took awhile to find out why.you are not whinning this is "life in a Rv" and your experiences will help others.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:13 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We've not had that problem but I will check to make sure all are tight.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Steve, ours loosened up (didn't really fall down - just started getting harder and harder to close) on the end toward the tv.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:50 AM   #7
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
My one front closet door on ours is binding also, when sliding away from the TV. I will be checking the track now. Thanks for the heads up.
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ours was the worst on the drivers side. The first two screws were completely stripped out and the third was missing and have not found it yet.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #9
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Haven't had that problem. In fact the only problem we have had was the closet rod falling down, which I fixed with heavier screws in the center and contact cemented and screwed end plates with slots in them for the rod to ride in.
We love the rig and hae over4000 miles on it ow and are going on another trip at the end of September..
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #10
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Haven't had that problem. In fact the only problem we have had was the closet rod falling down, which I fixed with heavier screws in the center and contact cemented and screwed end plates with slots in them for the rod to ride in.
We love the rig and hae over4000 miles on it ow and are going on another trip at the end of September..
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote