Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2005, 01:57 AM   #21
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
We don't full time and the wiggle does not bother us or is much noticed by us. My wife is maybe 125# and I'm 175#, this could make a difference in each 5Ths wheel motion.

"If the trailers a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'." See-Ya

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We can tell the difference when the tripod for the hitch is in place. It does not eliminate all movement but it does help. The regular landing gear and the rear stabilizers also help.

We also added scissor jacks behind the wheels. That does totally eliminate the up and down movement but does not eliminate the horizontal movement.

All of these things together make a major improvement but do not eliminate all movement, at least in our experience.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #23
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
Thanks for all your replies.
The wiggle for me doesn't seem too bad. My purpose for the question about using the tripod was does it halp with safety? Why do some campers use it?
The front landing gear and the back stabilizers keep my unit pretty solid. We don't dance much in the RV.
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #24
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
dannyl
The tripod isn't advertised as a safety feature and I'm not sure what it would do for safety. We did find it helped (we have the bipod because tris weren't around when we bought ours) with the side to side movement. The best thing we've done however, is the jacks between the tires that you tighten with a wrench. Also if we are parked for any length of time, Ed checks all the wiggle equipment and snugs them down if needed because they do settle. BTW, we do dance in the RV but slow! Good music on the surround sound, fireplace going, a glass of wine and a little slow dancing makes for a nice romantic moment.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #25
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
Great response Sue.
Soft lights, a little wine, some sweet music and the RV is a great spot for togetherness.

We participate in alot of country and bluegrass jams where we sit in a circle (around a fire, but not now since there is a burn ban because of the drought) and pick and sing.

Happy New Year to all and I hope to see you around a fire soon.
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree there's no value as far as safety. Well, maybe a little - it might keep someone from walking into the pinbox. But as far as the Montana itself, as far as I know the only purpose for the kingpin stabilizer is just that, to stabilize. Good question, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote