Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Cleaner for Kitchen Counter Tops?

Hello everyone, I was wondering what to use on the kitchen counter tops. I thought maybe there was something else to use to make it shine and take out any scratches. Would appreciate hearing what everyone else does to make em shine!! TIA

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
If you do a search you will find we have talked about this before. I still don't have anything to clean them myself. They are not supposed to shine. Someone mentioned a product (Jubilee Kitchen Wax I believe) that is no longer available in the stores and has to be ordered, and I have not done that. It was recommended by the manufacture that you use warm water with dishwashing liquid to get rid of the grease. I have not had any luck myself making them look good.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Campbud,
Not suppose to shine. In your owner's manuals there was a little booklet that told you how to clean and remove scratches. If you can't find it, I'll scan and email it to you. Let me know. We have not had any problem with ours but we have a strict rule about cutting boards.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
If anyone wants some Jubilee Kitchen wax and cleaner, you can find some on ebay right now. $6.00 per aerosol can, plus shipping. EBay item
Item number: 4361773157
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:32 AM   #5
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Thanks so much for the information. I just ordered it. I hope it does as good a job as everyone has been saying.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
This is the cleaning instructions we received with our unit. Note is says "Matte Finish".

Lite-Gran@MatteFinishSolid Surface Counter Top

Care and Maintenance Instructions

Cleaning!
Soap and mild detergents will clean most stains. For stubborn stains use a white Scotch Brite pad and a non-abrasive cleaner like Soft Scrub.

Scratches
Carefully use a green Scotch Brite pad and an abrasive cleaner like Ajax or Comet. Cover an area large enough to blend the area being addressed. Use a circular motion.

For most stubborn stains and scratches, start with 240 grit sand paper then follow with green Scotch Brite pad and abrasive cleaner. Repeat if necessary.

Do's & Don'ts
Always run cool water when pouring boiling water into bowl.
Always use a hot pad or trivets under hot pods or dishes or heat producing appliances such as frying pans and the like.
Always use a cutting board.Never use a knife on the counter top.
Avoid harsh chemicals such as: drain cleaners, oven cleaners, and the like.
If you use sand paper, wet surface area first to control dust.
Only have a professional fabricator use power sanding equipment on the special lightweight materials.
Do not let cleaners with bleach sit on the counter top... Wipe off immediately.

Better Way Products (574) 831-3340 New Paris, IN 46553
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:21 AM   #7
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Faye uses soft scrub on the R V & home too. Never use bleach on them.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Found this item at Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...6214-82-FMTR16

and used it on my composite and Formica countertops in my Big Sky after I took delivery earlier this year. Did a very good job of cleaning and seems to have left a "protective" coating behind. Very easy to use...Spray on, polish off. Don't have any scratches to "remove" but this product DOES NOT have any abrasive, so it will NOT remove/repair them. Maybe Lowes has another product for this.
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #9
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We had some scratches on our countertop that came with the unit. Roy took fine sandpaper and got the scratches out and then used buffing compound and buffed the lids and the rest of the counter and it now shines. It looks 100% better than before.