Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
HERE WE GO AGAIN........

Over the past year I felt I was being jerked around by a bunch of useless Montana dealers that had no concern about whether or not my shower door worked properly or not.
Last week I finally got the rig to Montana and after a hassle about who forgot to order the replacement, they finally replaced the entire surround.

Now you would think the problem was solved and I am again a happy camper---------NOT

After just 6 days the new door is doing exactly the same thing as the old one.

I immediately phoned Montana and spoke to Rollie in customer service. Rollie listened and suggested I take it to the Montana dealer, Cullum and Maxey, next door to where we are staying. I stopped in and made an appointment for this Friday BUT after speaking to the servive manager at Cullum and Maxey I doubt he will be able to fix the problem.

I realize a shower door is minor compared to some of the problems other MOCers have experienced. Such as leaking slides, bent axles, cracking frames or fiberglass or even upside down windows BUT this has been an on going problem for over a year and when you spend the bucks this rig cost even a dragging shower door becomes very aggravating.

I hope the folks at Montana truly do read this forum as they say they do. Most everyone on the MOC brag about the service they have received from the folks at Montana. Well I for one feel just the opposite. I question if I will ever buy another Keystone product.

Hopefully after Friday the problem will be solved and I will have calmed down but I seriously doubt it.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glenn,

We had same problem, but maybe not as bad as yours, they fixed ours a differently than they did yours!

Here is what they did to ours, and so far so good. IF this fails us, We will be the first to tell you.

They took out 2 screws on the door. The screws are at the top and bottom of the door.

SLID door UP and drilled NEW holes with door up at this new heighth.

Replaced screws.

They had to take off the drip edge on the bottom of the inside of the door and put on a different one, one that was larger than the original.

Just thought it might be something you want to consider.

We have only pulled the unit about 120 miles since we left Goshen, so we might have a reoccurance of this problem, BUT, we are hopeful!

Let us know how it goes, OK???

Carol & Al
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Been there, done that and it didn't work. Hope yours stays fixed but the drilling of new holes was the final adjustment made to our old door in New York. It worked fine for about 8 weeks when the dragging started all over again. Only this time it was worse than before as the door actually started to come apart at the bottom where it was screwed together. Was told by the Montana tech in Goshen that either the holes were drilled too big or the screw just stripped out the hole. Either way, the tech said, it was not the proper fix.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:01 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, we will be keeping our eyes on it, and knowing that you had same situation is helpful.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:41 AM   #5
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Hi Glenn and Loraine,
Nancy and I hopr to see you this winter. We are staying a good deal of the time at Elite Resort in Salt Springs.
Now for my comments about the Shower and I do hope Keystone reads this. We have been trying through our dealer in Ocala, to get a replacement shower door sweep for the Big Sky 3295RK. The dealer has been around and around with Keystone trying to get the correct sweep. They send everything else but the right one. They ( dealer) has even sent a short sample from another rig for Keystone to match up with no avail. Our dealer has beeen very responsive on this.

On another note, please e mail me your phone numbers. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since we last saw you. I am now semi retired and I will tell you about that when either talk on the phone or see you in Fl. Rob Cooley is living in the Lady Lake area in a Villa home he is remodeling. He and Julia are doing fine. Please also resenfd me your e mail adress and I will send you my phone numbers. Hope you all are well.
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi John, good to see you back on the forum. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Everything ok for you after the big storms?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi John and Nancy,
An email has been sent and yes we will be in FL this winter. As we speak we are slowly heading in a southerly direction. Tomorrow we will be leaving Nashville via I-24 south and heading for I-75. We should be somewhere in FL within a week or two.

Was wandering how you guys got thru Charley. From the info we had Charley had to pass very close to you. Lorraine's parents and neice on the west coast got by with minimal damage.