Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
turley
Established Member

M.O.C. #8163
internet/wireless service (alltel)

As we prepare to depart to Alaska May 2010, Will my wireless internet work (AllTel) and/or is wifi available since we use the internet for banking?? Any good information please...

turley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Turley,

I just read somewhere -- either here or on the Escapees Forum -- that many RV parks and other facilities had pretty good Wi-Fi service. They had no problem on their trip to Alaska.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Turley this is an interesting question. I was at our local Verizon office this afternoon asking about coverage in Canada. They said I would need the Nationwide plus Canada Plan. Cost $20 extra per month. This would be for Canada and Alaska would be normal coverage.

As I understand it Verizon owns AllTell. I do not know if this is a fact or not. I know if you go to the Verizon site you need to click on the international plans for information.

We are going to Alaska next year also. I may sign up for Skype again and rely on hotspots and make calls that way. I have used Skype previously and it worked great to call Canada and the US. A lot of folks from Canada use Skype when they winter in the US. As mentioned though using Skype you are at the mercy of hotspots or camp WiFi.

On Edit: Sorry Turley I misread your question. You are asking about Internet service and I am replying to phone service.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Most of the places we stopped at had wireless conectivity - but some were not secure. Don't do your banking unless the connection is secure. No sense inviting trouble!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote