Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Need info on the best CG Jackson Hole and Yellow

Ok kids we are about to head out on our journey to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone leaving N.Calif on 9/8 We would love your help in finding the best CG planning a 3 week trip so we want to set up in a central spot and travel out from there any help will be great help I know many of you have made this trip thanks for your imput

boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Tim,

In Yellowstone, I believe the only place you can put your rig is Fishing Bridge campground (can't remember why). They are all run by the parks. Better start talkin to them now as they were booked out when we went through. http://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisi...ellowstone.htm

Should be plenty of private campgrounds in Jackson, I just don't have any experience with them.

Just came through there last week and the forest fire smoke was so thick you could barely see the Tetons.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Tim, There are other places inside Yellowstone that you can camp but the only place that has full hook ups is Fishing Bridge. You must have a hard sided RV to camp there because of the many animals that come through the grounds. The cost for Fishing Bridge is close to $40.00 a day and you CANNOT use Golden Age Passport at that park should you have one. If you want a really nice one outside the park Grizzley's in West Yellowstone is A-1 and is about the same $ as Fishing Bridge.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 AM   #4
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
KOA in Livingston is nice. Also River's edge which is on 89 S in between the park and Livingston.
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Tim,
Long time no hear from! We second the Grizzly park in West Yellowstone. Nice people, nice park and very close to Yellowstone entrance. Be sure and take in the Grizzly compound there in West Yellowstone.
Helen, I'm curious about not being able to use Golden Age Passport there, I used my Golden Access Passport.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Sue, it is only the campground at Fishing Bridge that you can't use your passport. All other campgrounds give you 1/2 price for camping but not the FHU grounds. We just came from there and I know it to be a fact because we have friends that work at Fishing Bridge. We were so lucky that there is a spot in the Employee campground about a mile from there where they allow friends of the workers to stay if there is any unused space. We stayed right next door to our friends with full hook ups for a week and all they charge is $13.00 a day. That is the same price the employees pay to stay there while they are working.

Of course your Golden Age gets you into the parks for free. It is camping only that I am talking about.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks Helen. Actually I didn't know my passport did anything for camping. Nice to know. We have only used it to get into Glacier and Yellowstone.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #8
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
great Info guys and gals we do thankyou for your suggestions am looking at Grizzlyrv.com right now looks good and yes it's been a bit from the last time I checked in we have been so busy with the race boat and work and the new roof on the house I have been just to tired to sit and relax but thats soon to change lol vacation is a wonderful thing just can't wait till we get out of here and head east thanks again for all your imput we are looking for the best place to set up and enjoy our vacation
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 AM   #9
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
The photo in our avatar is from the KOA in West Yellowstone, Idaho. It's west of town in case Grizzly doesn't work out for you.

http://www.yellowstonekoa.com/
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #10
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Highly recommend Grizzly in West Yellowstone. Fishing Bridge, is crowded, weeds, cars and trucks parked helter skelter, plus sites sure looked small for 36 footer. We also stayed in Gardiner, at Rocky Mountain Campground, which is basic but clean and good staff. In Grand Teton's we are currently at Grand Teton Park RV Resort which is dismal. Price for a week is $380 for 50 amp, no cable, weeds, potholes in sites, dumpsters overflowing. Looks like a mobile ghetto. Do have a view of the Tetons, and are centrally located to north and south end of park
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote