Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2003, 04:49 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Fit and finish vs Titanium

While shopping for supplies at a local RV dealer, we took a look at some 2004 model Titaniums that were on their lot. Overall we still prefer our 3255RL to any of the Titaniums, but I was impressed by the finish details on the exterior of the Titaniums. I don't think these would be costly items to incorporate on a production line basis. Examples:
1. The trim strips with vinyl inserts are terminated with a little metal clip that gives a finised look, rather than the raw vinyl edge held down with a (mostly crooked) screw that we have on our Montana. (I may try to buy some these clips to install my trailer).

2. The bottom aluminum panels are painted with some kind of tough glossy chip resistant coating (tan coloured) that looks much easier to maintain than the dull white aluminum that we have.

3. These same aluminum bottom panels were solidly attached with aluminum brackets, ours flap around because their is little to support them.

4. The frame members and other exposed metal under the trailer is coated with a tough black automotive undercoating rather that the rusty bare metal that we have.

Maybe these items are just "eye candy", but I was struck by the improvement they made to the overall appearance of the trailers. Like I said, overall we still prefer our Montana, but there are areas for improvement. Exterior fit and finish being one of them.

OntMont
2002 Montana 3255RL
2001 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2001 Border Collie to ride herd on us.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote