Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
vinnyhill1504

M.O.C. #19464
2017 Montana 3731FL

First of all Thanks for the add to the group. We have ordered our new 3731FL and was wondering if there are any other 3731FL owners that could tell us about some of their experiences with the 5th wheel. Good or bad let me know what you think of it.

vinnyhill1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Welcome to MOC. Lots of great info and help here.

The 3731FL is a new floor plan replacing the 3711FL so there may not be many out there yet.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I like the pictures
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
We have the 2016 3711FL, and we love it. From the photos only, the 3731 looks identical except for the theater seating and dinette. Looks like they took out about 16sf by shortening the front left slide and the theater seating left side is now against the LH wall. I've never liked our l-shaped sofa and single recliner but I've learned to live with it. The dinette in the 3731 looks nice. Keep in mind both models have considerably less storage than a typical FW of similar length. We considered that before purchasing and even if we started full-timing, we would still travel light. Can't say that for a lot of full-timers LOL. One last thing, if the cabinet above the toilet is the same, and if you have a forgetful person traveling with you, and I do, one can stand up from the toilet and hit ones head on the bottom edge of the cabinet door, thus causing great pain and a litany of cuss words. Just saying.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #5
Sckfiver

M.O.C. #19921
I just used our 3731fl for the first time. We have had several problems that are being worked on at this time. I had a problem trying to get the dvd to play. The instructions are not that good, or at least for me they are not. Nobody seems to know how to help when it comes to the entertainment center functions. You are correct about the storage. Our 2005 had a lot better storage for full time, but we made the same decision to travel lite, although we may go fulltime someday. Any info on the entertaiment center would be appreciated.
Sckfiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
First question about the DVD player would be, did you select the proper source input on the TV? You may have to trace the HDMI cable, or possibly a video cable, from the DVD player to the TV to see which input it is using.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:07 AM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and welcome to this great forum.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Welcome from Arizona. I do hope you resolve your entertainment problems.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
Sckfiver

M.O.C. #19921
Yes, tried all sources for the dvd to tv. Will check physical cable etc. when I get the fiver back from repair. The entertainment center is mounted in the cabinet, so to get to the cables etc. requires pulling it out. I didn't have enough time on the first trip. Will update when I get to look at it again..thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
Sckfiver

M.O.C. #19921
Really like the model, but have had a few problems with our first use. Have had a fl slider that fails to open and close properly. Took it in for repair which was supposedly repaired. It was not, so we spent a couple of hours to get the correct info for manual override of the control. The front living is not hydraulic. It uses a synchronized motor system. Also, have had battery charging problems, level system problem, battery disconnect problem, battery discharge in a few hours with everything off and a couple of other minor problems that are being serviced. Still like the model....hopefully these problems are an exception.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #11
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckfiver View Post
Really like the model, but have had a few problems with our first use. Have had a fl slider that fails to open and close properly. Took it in for repair which was supposedly repaired. It was not, so we spent a couple of hours to get the correct info for manual override of the control. The front living is not hydraulic. It uses a synchronized motor system. Also, have had battery charging problems, level system problem, battery disconnect problem, battery discharge in a few hours with everything off and a couple of other minor problems that are being serviced. Still like the model....hopefully these problems are an exception.
your battery will drain even with everything off and the battery disconnect off, because it is never truly disconnected from all systems. it is always connected to slides and landing gear as well as the propane alarm and other such devices. if you are going to store your trailer disconnect the wires from the battery, at least one or pull the battery out to prevent discharge. also the Schwintec in wall slide system needs to count the revolutions of the motor from both sides to stay in synch. do not stop half way out or in while moving the slide and once it is extended or retracted fully keep holding the button for an addition 3 to 5 seconds after all movement has stopped. this tells the computer to set 0 point and helps maintain alignment. all this information is on you-tube under schwintec in wall slide system as well as the My LCI app for your phone or mobile device. The manual override instructions and re timing of the slides are also in the videos.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #12
BC.Fire94
Established Member

M.O.C. #19744
Congrats on the new 5er, we have 2017 3731 and love it so far. We've only been out once so far. Question on stopping the electric slide while bring it in. I did that today, stopped briefly will that throw it off when go to open it next time? Thanks for any feed back.
BC.Fire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC.Fire94 View Post
Congrats on the new 5er, we have 2017 3731 and love it so far. We've only been out once so far. Question on stopping the electric slide while bring it in. I did that today, stopped briefly will that throw it off when go to open it next time? Thanks for any feed back.

Chances are it will not effect but make sure on next use to hold the button about 5 seconds for the motors to sync. Visually check all sides and top are snug. Visually check from outside that everything is level and plumb as well as snug.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:29 AM   #14
BC.Fire94
Established Member

M.O.C. #19744
Ok, thanks for your feed back!!
BC.Fire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #15
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
The info about the Swintek "counting" is new to me, and we've had a frequent start/stop situation with the driver's side LR slide caused by cats (don't ask). In any event, perhaps we've been fortunate that the Swinteks have worked fine, to date. I'm going to peruse youtube regardless.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #16
Mike and Stephanie

M.O.C. #19900
Send a message via AIM to Mike and Stephanie Send a message via MSN to Mike and Stephanie
We took delivery of our 2017 3731FL a few days ago (June 1). Have enjoyed it so far after setting up and staying in it for about four days. Prior to taking delivery, we also had DVD and soundbar issues. Fortunately for us, the dealership in the Houston area determined that several wires had not been connected at the factory and remedied the problem. After taking delivery, we still have one issue with the sound not coming out of the front speakers (zone 3) when the radio is playing. We will also agree with you that the manual is lacking in explanation.
Mike and Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #17
scottanddeb
Established Member

M.O.C. #19665
Send a message via AIM to scottanddeb Send a message via MSN to scottanddeb
Hello all. We purchased the 3731 this winter and took possession of it in April. We are on our 4th camping trip, mostly staying in state parks.
We chose the 3731 because it affords Scott a separate place to work. He works at the kitchen table, I'm able to be in the living room and we are not in each other's way. :-)
While there have been some smaller issues with the unit, we are pleased. It's a beautiful rig with a layout that we love. I'm finally figuring out the entertainment system (sort of) and the soundbar will be one of the first things we replace.

Deb
scottanddeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #18
Lakegirl0514

M.O.C. #20019
Connecting site cable on a 3731 fl

Hello out there. New 3731 fl owner on my first trip. Been trying to connect to the RV parks cable with no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Lakegirl0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #19
Lakegirl0514

M.O.C. #20019
Where is the hot water heater located?

Anyone know where the hot water heater is located and how do you drain it?
Lakegirl0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #20
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegirl0514 View Post
Hello out there. New 3731 fl owner on my first trip. Been trying to connect to the RV parks cable with no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Some things that come to mind.
Make sure you are connected to the outside coax connector labeled CABLE (and hope the factory correctly labeled them)
Make sure your amplifier switch is turned off (small button on a wall plate)
Make sure TV is selected for cable and do a channel scan.