Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
jdydiesel

M.O.C. #11576
Love our new 3580RL

Well I have to say that I am beyond happy with our new Montana!!!! I love the way it tows, the look of it, the layout is great also. But the thing has impressed me the most is the amount of storage I have with this rig. I have put everything that I had in my Nomad (inside and out) in the main storage and it is only about 1/2 full. There is so much room, I don't know what to do with it. I guess I'll leave it empty so that I don't overload it. So from all you Montana owners, what are some of the tips and tricks that you all have learned over the years that you can pass on to a new owne?

jdydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
One thing about a lot of storage space is that you will eventually find things to fill that space. This also holds true in your stick home. My advice: weigh the TV, weigh the trailer, weight the entire rig. Do that soon and you will have some working numbers to play with. What is really important (to me) is to re-weigh the rig about once a year. It will astound you how much you can accumulate in that time.

Congrats on the new trailer. That feeling is one the majority of us have had...sometimes more than once.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
We said the same thing about all the storage, but it has a way of filling up without realizing it.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Hey Jason...congrats! We just got our new 3580RL in May. You are right about the storage. There is tons of it. I found the first thing I had to do was organize the basement. I put a shelf across the front wall and I also put in a 39" x 90" sliding tray. What a difference. I also put a series of hooks in the generator/hydraulic bay for all the hoses, cords, cables, etc to hang from. If you like, I can send a couple pictures for ideas. Half the fun of owning it is making the mods to taylor it for you! Have fun and happy camping!
tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lasater

One thing about a lot of storage space is that you will eventually find things to fill that space. This also holds true in your stick home. My advice: weigh the TV, weigh the trailer, weight the entire rig. Do that soon and you will have some working numbers to play with. What is really important (to me) is to re-weigh the rig about once a year. It will astound you how much you can accumulate in that time.

Congrats on the new trailer. That feeling is one the majority of us have had...sometimes more than once.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Montana...agree with lasater, you can easily end up with more weight than your Montana is rated for, or how much your TV can handle. In any event, with less weight, you will likely get better fuel mileage with your TV. Happy travels!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
sue531
Established Member

M.O.C. #11214
We enjoy our 3580rl as well. This floorplan just works for us very nicely. We have not filled every shelf but I am sure we will. Enjoy your new rig.
sue531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
jdydiesel

M.O.C. #11576
We just got back from our first weekend in the new Monty!! We love it. I would love anyone comments on how to organize the stuff in these rigs. SO far I have bought 5 60qt tubs that I put things into. They seem to work great for keeping things neat.

So now we are just learning how this new rig works. We have found a few "adjustments" that need to be made by the dealer. So it will be going back in soon to get those fixed.
jdydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I share your enjoyment!
Enjoy it and I hope you get many years of happy camping and traveling with it.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
randerson1
Established Member

M.O.C. #11585
Glad to hear others enjoy their 3580RL as much as we do! We got ours in June and have had it out 4 times already with the 5th coming up this next weekend. We're not new to Keystone as we had our Challenger 5er for 7 1/2 years and loved it. As stated this floor plan is perfect for us and we're going slooow on filling it up. We always used the Rubber Maid low profile tubs for storage in the basement. We can stack them 3 high now due to the extra heigth, but the main point on the low profile was for me to not fill them up and make it too heavy for the wife. Check out the MOC Show & Tell for pictures on how others have outfitted their storage. Enjoy that new rig !
randerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote