Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
Gumby56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6290
A Nice Way to Enjoy Disney Fort Wilderness

A couple of weeks ago we where down at Disney's Fort Wilderness. We had looked at driving the Mountaineer from MA to Orlando but it really didn't make sense as we would lose so much time traveling and the kids are in school and I would have to take more time off of work.

Once we determined that we could not take the trailer down I started looking into other options. Our youngest has special needs as well as being on a restrictive diet. So we needed to have a kitchen and 2 rooms. After some searching, we found that the cabins in Fort Wilderness where pretty comparable to a family suite at the value resorts.

In addition, we had my in laws coming up in an RV from souther FL and my parents from Fort Meyers. We where able to have my parents stay with us and her parents got a site in the campground. Their camp site was within walking difference of our cabin (the next loop over).

This eliminated all the time you spend finding each other when you stay at other resorts. It also allowed the grandparents to spend time with the grandkids before bed and the parent to get out alone . In addition, we did not have to rent a car and my parents went grocery shopping for us before we showed up. This saves a lot of cash.

This worked out great! Well worth the money! I thought this might be a great option for MOC members who are full timing in FL and have children and grandkids. It is a great family experience!!

BTW, there was a Montana that came into the 1100 loop the day we where leaving. I didn't have time to stop by but if it was you send me a note.

Bob

Gumby56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Disney's fort wildderness is a nice RV park and once you are in there you have Disney provided transportation to the entire Disney complex.We had some friends in there this year and where there a couple of times. The cabins mentioned are very nice. We thought that it was kind of a tight fit for the 3400..but doable. It can be pricy.. This year the normal price was @ 53.00 per day and during spring break the price went up to 93.00 per day for a RV site.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote