Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2005, 03:26 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Shakedown Trip

We just got back from our first trip out with the new Monty! We left on Friday for the state park, Illini in Marseilles IL about an hour away. Gosh it was great! Everything worked just fine. We found 2 things wrong on the inside, one was the closet bracket:it was screwed in to far back(easy fix, just removed it and moved forward)The back window had a small amount of water in the bottom on the left side..this window does not open so I am not sure if it just needs caulked or the drain hole is plugged? We had a combination of weather, wind, rain, cold and warm..so this was a good test for testing everything out. We took our granddaughter with us and while we had her on the swings at the playground, we no more than stepped back when a big white tail deer sped right passed us! We usually see them in the park but never this close (our granddaughter laughed with excitement and said,"Grandma almost got run over by a reindeer,Grandpa!" When we were leaving another Monty(2001) pulled in on the site next to us. They had just sold their home and were just starting to fulltime. When we asked how they liked their Monty they said they were very happy with it! They were aware of the Keystone site but not this one, so I am sure they will be checking it out

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:50 AM   #2
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Bob & Cathy,

We are in your general area (north east Illinois) and wish we had been out this weekend as well. Sounds like a good trip. We have never been to that particular park.

We WERE in our Monty, however. Continuing to work on the inside to remove what the previous owners called "decoration" and to put our own stuff away. We had mentioned more than once that it would have been a nice weekend to be away.

I see from several previous topics that there are several here who deal with Collier RV so are in the general area. Perhaps we need to have a local northern Illinois gathering sometime this summer? Just a weekend & burn a hamburger & brat & have a nice chat....

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:53 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Bob & Kathy,
Sounds like you had a great shake down trip. Glad to hear all went well. Got a chuckle out of the grandaughter's statement. Isn't it great when you have all kinds of weather and realize your Monty is warm and dry. Believe me we have had over six inches of rain here in Crystal River in the last two weeks and not a single leak...except when I forgot to close one of the overhead vents. LOL Continue to enjoy your Rving. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:41 AM   #4
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Thanks for sharing your first Monty experience. Glad things went well. You'll have many more happy miles ahead, I'm sure. Will be going through your area in August on our way to Indiana where I grew up.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Not to criticize any of the bad reports. They need to be said and heard. But thanks for the good report. I am certainly glad that you shakedown cruise went well. Continued happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sounds like you had a great time and a lot of fun with your granddaughter. Aren't grandkids great? We just spent a week with our two oldest granddaughters (14 and 15) up near Chincoteague and Assateague Islands (remember "Misty of Chincoteague" from grade school?). Here's one thing that really got them to giggling. We had a smudge on the window for a few days.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have 5 grandkids and 1 greatgrand kid and they are just great.Best thing about them is you can send them home when you have had enough..could not do that with your kids..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote