Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
2 for Him
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7383
New brakes and such

Well we're back home in AL so have started ordering repair parts and upgrades. Going to be a busy winter. New Nevr-Adjust brakes, new power tow mirrors, new batteries, tires on 2 trucks, sheesh! Probably won't be enough molah left for the solar setup. Oh yeah, all ready have new awning and slide-out fabric to replace the old, will it ever be spring?

2 for Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Welcome home! Sounds like you have a full load...hopefully all goes well.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We purchaed the new never adj brakes at the fall rally but they are home in the garage as we did not have time to install them before Florida. Got a good pricefrom Dexter
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Tom I just finished my brakes. I had the kits since Jun. Where did you get your slide-out toppers from I need to look at replacing a couple of mine. also my awning is starting to crack may have to do it also. Thanks
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

Tom I just finished my brakes. I had the kits since Jun. Where did you get your slide-out toppers from I need to look at replacing a couple of mine. also my awning is starting to crack may have to do it also. Thanks
bobby
Camping World does have the toppers and awning material you asked about...the SOB we had prior to our Montana did not have slide toppers and we researched through CW...prices did not seem too bad and was able to download installation instructions on DVD.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
2 for Him
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7383
Scductman, we have a trucking company outlet near us in Dothan AL that has damaged or miss ordered awnings and slide toppers
for $25 each. Most of the time I can't find any damage to the fabric, the tubes are slightly bent or such. Since I'm not replacing the tubes they should work fine. I was lucky and found the right sizes after three or four trips. If you have any trucking companies around you might check with them about where they get rid of their damaged shipments. Getting my brakss
here http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Trailer_Brakes.aspx. Sorry, forgot I can't clicky on a quick post. Much better prices than Dexter direct.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks Tom I will have to ck on that we have 3 or 4 trucking COs here. also someone on here had a supplyer with real good prices. I get my dexter parts from a dealer in columbia SC he sells alot of diff parts wheels and truck stuff and is always about half the price of dexter for dexter parts amazing ain't it. I payed 48$ per wheel. Etrailer has good prices also.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
2 for Him
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7383
Ever notice when you dread a job it goes really fast when you get around to it? The new brakes, bearing check, and new seals took about half the time I figured. Mirrors are already on and found a deal on 2 new 6 volt Interstate batteries to replace the Wal-mart cheapies that had bit the dust. My work truck has new tires and the Dodge's are ordered. Did find a bad U-joint in the front axle on the Ram, that was a project best left to a professional if I could find one I trust. Oh well, now I have the tools and know-how to work on my own front axle. Good thing everything critical is done, got a request to provide free housing at the closest campground while the granddaughter goes to band camp. Might have to wait on the awnings till next winter cause I've used up all my round tuits. Did find some killer led lights that I replaced all the cieling lights with, warm white, brighter than the original 921 bulbs. They're unregulated, so I am testing them for longevity, will let you all know how they last. http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Power-36-12...item27b5740117