Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2022, 07:05 AM   #1
kescue
Established Member

M.O.C. #20145
MHC 381TH Furniture replacement

Question for other MHC 381TH owners. Has anyone replaced their furniture (Theater Seating and Couches) in their 381TH? (sorry for long post)

I have a 2018 model and the furniture is peeling so going to replace it. Just wanted to see what others have done.

Since they are not making the 381TH model anymore, I talked to Keystone folks at Tampa RV show this past year and they said I could use another similar model and order the furniture for it to replace mine. But you have to make sure you order the “notch” hide a bed couches. We like the hide a bed sofas as we use them when we do family vacations. I believe the furniture in the MHC 377FL will work. We also want to get away from the dark chocolate color of the furniture. Really like the “Homestead” color that is in the 377FL.

Priced out ordering the 377FL furniture in Homestead color yesterday and pretty expensive. Shipping is the killer on this stuff. The sofa has $400 shipping on each couch. These are the prices with shipping.
Theater seats $2,300
Notch sofa $5,000 ($2,500 each)
So that is $7,300 before taxes.

Another option is to just order the Thomas Payne furniture off Amazon. It says the furniture has free delivery. This would be half the cost. But does not have the Homestead color option and does not have the notch sofa available.

Theater seats (Heritage) $1,300
68” Tri fold sofa $2,600 ($1,300 each)
So that is $3,900

I think the existing notch sofa in the rig when unfolded has a tall bracket to make up the difference for the notch (or step up) in the slide out. So if I order the Tri fold sofa, it is made to unfold on an even surface. So wondering if I could take brackets off the existing sofa and move to new sofa. Or just make my own brackets to make it work.

I may also get a quote on re-covering the existing furniture but thinking that will be expensive as well.

So just throwing it out there to see what others may have done.

Thanks for any input.

Keith and Jana Escue
2018 Montana 381TH
2016 Ford F350 King Ranch
kescue is offline   Reply With Quote