Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #1
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Redding, Ca.

Staying at JGW RV Park in Redding Ca. Very clean park -- large, level sites -- we have the Sacramento River behind us. Will leave tomorrow (Wednesday)& head north -- we are on the final portion of our first trip - left Toronto, Ontario, Canada in mid October and expect to arrive in British Columbia early next week. Will be staying there for a few months before returning to Toronto.

Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:15 AM   #2
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Les & Julie, Is'nt that the fairly new park visible from I5 just south of Redding? We were by there about 2 weeks ago and saw a Montana there. Maybe it was you?

We're about 65 miles north of you in Mt. Shasta. If you'd care for a coffee break on the way up the hill I'll buy at the Hungary Moose just off the central I5 exit. Respond back here and I'll PM a phone # to call as you get close.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
You are about 2 hours north of us (if we aren't pulling the Montana). Too bad this wasn't summertime, I could pop on up there and visit. Maybe next trip. Hopefully you can work it out and meet Don and his wife Claudia just north of you at Mt. Shasta City.

Have a good trip home.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Hi, yes this is the park you can see from the I5 south of Redding but the Monty you saw was not us -- we just arrived yesterday and are leaving tomorrow a.m. Heading north on I5 and would love to meet you for coffee -- not sure exactly what time we will be ready to get on the road but usually it is around 8:30 a.m. or so. I will send you a PM giving you our cell # so we can figure out where we can meet -- (need to have room to park Monty).

Thanks Les & Julie

quote]Originally posted by Searchers

Les & Julie, Is'nt that the fairly new park visible from I5 just south of Redding? We were by there about 2 weeks ago and saw a Montana there. Maybe it was you?

We're about 65 miles north of you in Mt. Shasta. If you'd care for a coffee break on the way up the hill I'll buy at the Hungary Moose just off the central I5 exit. Respond back here and I'll PM a phone # to call as you get close.

[/quote]
Old 03-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
See you tomorrow Les & Julie. Enjoy the ride up the canyon.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
hello, just wondering if you were able to see the sundial bridge in redding. it's really quite a sight.we stayed at that park about 2 weeks ago, right before we traded our coachmen in for our 2955rl. good luck on your trip.
mike & amy johnson
rio vista cal
semper- fi & good luck
mike johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Les & Julie,
Enjoyed meeting you over a cup this morning. Hope you have a pleasant and uneventful trip north. Did you get that picture of Moodonna & Myasis? We hope to see you on the road again someday.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Searchers

Les & Julie,
Enjoyed meeting you over a cup this morning. Hope you have a pleasant and uneventful trip north. Did you get that picture of Moodonna & Myasis? We hope to see you on the road again someday.
Hi Don -- it was great meeting you -- thanks for the coffee. We did indeed get a picture of Moodonna -- saw Myasis but could not get the camera up in time. Good trip -- scenery was spectacular!!! Arrived here in Sutherlin by about 4:30. Nice Passport America Park -- up on a hill -- wonderful views. Will rest up for day before moving on.

Hope to see you on the road ----- safe travels.

Les & Julie
Old 03-30-2005, 03:56 PM   #9
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mike johnson

hello, just wondering if you were able to see the sundial bridge in redding. it's really quite a sight.we stayed at that park about 2 weeks ago, right before we traded our coachmen in for our 2955rl. good luck on your trip.
mike & amy johnson
rio vista cal
semper- fi & good luck
Thanks for the note -- unfortunately we did not get to see the sundial bridge -- just not enough time. Did enjoy a quiet afternoon at the park though -- we backed onto the river and it was very peaceful sitting by the river watching the fish jump. We will catch the sundial bridge next trip through.

Safe travels -- enjoy your "Monty'

Les & Julie