Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Terrible Weekend

For years we were seasonal campers at Brennan Beach in Pulaski, NY. So because my mother was in the hospital we decided to go camping last weekend close. That way we could get home in a hurry.
It was the worse camping experience I have had in a long time. They put us (we have a 3685FL) on a site that was big enough for only a pop up. In fact, the pop ups around us had bigger sites. When I made the reservation I told them what we had. They said this site would serve our unit well. I immediately asked for a new site when we had trouble. The site also sloped up hill. We could not level it.They said no.
We spent three days stuck inside because we had no room to go outside. Our dogs could not go out. No room to tie them. The bugs were horrible, but camping brings out bugs. There are new owners of this park and they are cramming people in on top of each other. At least in the part we were in. I felt like I was in the middle of gypsie city. Never going back there.

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Sorry to hear of your terrible weekend!! They must have forgotten how to listen at this place. When we went to check it out several weeks ago (and pointed out the Montana parked in front!!) these were the boneheads who sent us on a route that had turns too sharp to be negotiated by a 5th wheel with anything but a super glide. Thank goodness we had one! (See earlier post about adventure with hitch!) And yes it DID look like a gypsy campout. No we wouldn't go there either! Especially after hearing your story!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sorry about the problems but thanks for the headsup on the campground. It will go in my do not use file.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:58 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the neat info. I will add this to my list of no visits. Happy rving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:30 AM   #5
Montana_265
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #265
Thanks for the heads up. That place was on my to do list. We actually had reservations there at one time and I had to cancel due to illness in the family. We thought it would be an alternative to the thousand islands area. Do you recall their rating in the TL book?
Montana_265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:16 AM   #6
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I would contact the BBB and file a complaint. I would be so angry and demanding my money back or 1/2 at least. If the site was that small how in the world did you get your RV in there? My husband would have been screaming bloody murder. I'm so sorry the trip was ruined by some @*#$ campground owners.

That reminds me of a weekend that happened to us (not the same Campground mind you).
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We have friends living in Pulaski and when we discussed visiting them they warned us about NOT staying at Brennan Beach. They know the owners personally and have seen and heard of way too many problems at this cg.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I also want to say thanks for the heads up. There's no excuse for that situation. Like Tom, I've saved this thread for reference.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #9
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Thanks for the heads up - this was a potential in a couple of weeks time en route from Ontario to Baltimore (half way point). Not on the list any more!
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
gloriad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #599
Save a few fellow campers the same pain you felt and go to campgroundreviews.com and post a review about this campground.
gloriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
gloriad.... thanks! I didn't know about that site before you mentioned it and it looks like www.campgroundreviews.com could be a very useful site to have bookmarked.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote