Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Sunday Morning Brunch "Omelet in a Bag"

I am going to be doing my "Omelete in a Bag" for everyone for Sunday Morning Brunch.
Today, went to Sam's and got 15 dozen eggs, 7 lbs. of shredded cheese, 5 lbs. of ham, plates, knives, forks, spoons.
Loaded them in the ref. in the garage.
Will pick up some tomatoes, onions, peppers, next week.
Is there anything else that anyone would like to put in there omelet, let me know.
By the way, you all are going to get involved in this Brunch because you will be making and cooking your own omelets.
There is no clean-up or dishes to do after brunch.
If anyone has a problem with eating eggs, we can also do it with the eggs in a carton, just have to bring it to breakfast.
OH, by the way the stop at Sam's also cost me an additional $780.00, (4) LT 265/R75/16 load range E, the orginal tires had 52,000 miles and were getting a little worn.

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Okay Carlsons- the heading caught my eye. I have been camping since childhood and never heard of Omelet in a bag. Can you expand? One of my favorite things as a child was egg on a paper (cooked on a wood stove).
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:14 AM   #3
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
It is simple.
Take a zip lock freeze, make sure it is the freezer style 1 quart bag and with a magic marker write your name on the bag.
If you have a large group I have them put there name on the bag and one of the cloths pins, easier to pick out ours.
Put a ladle of mixed eggs and other ingredents in the bag.
Berp all the air out.
Take the bag and with two cloths pins attach it to a skewer and hang the bag into a pot of boiling water.
At about two minutes remove the bag and squeeze the mixture and put it back in the pot.
At about 4 to 5 minutes remove and squeeze again and if no liquid eggs squeeze up it is done.
When done, open bag and pour out the omelet.
Throw the bag away.
"Omelete in a Bag"
I am taking my two turkey fryers with us for the rally.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
WOW! Those are going to be some kinda omelets! Can hardly wait to try this out. With 15 dozen eggs and 7 lbs of cheese plus 5 lbs of ham,it sounds like we're going to be well-filled. Thanks for engineering this. Assume that we will be boiling the water in the turkey fryers--goodness knows we won't be needing fried turkey as well (another tasty subject!).
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:39 PM   #5
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
I could do a turkey on Saturday night, but I think we are having pasta.
If you all want some fried turkey to go with it I can do one with turkey balls, explain turkey balls at the rally.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Carlson,
Where is your family from? I have Carlson relatives in Minnesota (second or third cousins).
Old 05-25-2005, 07:15 AM   #7
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Sue and Ed,
My grandparents came from Stockhom, Sweden into the US through Glouster, MA to Concord, NH.
He worked as a stone cutter at Swenson Granite Quarry in West Concord, NH and own the West Concord Ice Company, you know in the days before the conviences of a ref.
My dad worked for his father after WW II at the ice company, so I can truely say "I am the son of the ice man"
Old 05-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Carlson
Guess we aren't related but thanks for the story. I remember the ice man when I was little. My grandparents lived in very rural Kansas and didn't have electricity until the 50's. I still refer to refrigerators as ice boxes! Have a great weekend. We are going to the western rally at Mt. Shasta, CA. Happy trails.