Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Cocopah RV Resort in Yuma

We have been snowbirding for our first time and are staying at this RV park. There are literally dozens of Montana's in this park. Do any of them belong to you?

luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
We are up at Saddle Mountain RV Park West of Phoenix, there are allso a bunch of Montanas and Mountaineers here, but only 2 MOC'ers as far as I know. Come on up here!
$290 a month + elect.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We hope to follow your path as 1st time snowbirders next year and we are interested in Yuma. What are your thoughts/review of Cocopah, looks nice from the website but we don't golf.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by luvmywestie

We have been snowbirding for our first time and are staying at this RV park. There are literally dozens of Montana's in this park. Do any of them belong to you?
We've been in that park. Very nice park as I recall. But we're not there now.

DarMar, it was a very nice park when we were there. We don't golf, either. We also stayed at Del Pueblo RV Park and Tennis Resort and liked that one a lot, too. We don't play tennis, either. In 2008 it was slightly cheaper than Cocopah. And they do the Good Sam discount on the daily rate. Both parks are good choices, in my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Ozz- that sounds great! I'll have to Google that park! We are leaving here at the end of this month and are working on a plan for March. We were thinking of stopping at the Fountain of Youth hot springs, and also thought about the Hemet area before heading back to the Pacific NW.

DarMar- it is a very nice park, and there are a lot of other activities besides golfing. DH golfs but I don't and I am having fun with the pool, hot tub, dancing and crafts. It has a great dog park and we have 2 pups that like having a grassy place to run and play. They just notified everyone that they are raising the price next year to $675 a month from $560. That's quite a raise!

We aren't planning to return next year and want to try out other places. The golf course is ok but not THAT great, and is expensive, and DH doesn't feel the NEED to play, he just likes to have a good time and laugh at himself, so being on a golf resort isn't necessary for us either. I think the main focus here is golfing and we might actually be happier somewhere it isn't such a big deal. I thought having green grass around would help me with the lack of green, but have since changed my mind on that.

luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Pokernose
Established Member

M.O.C. #11089
We are in Del Pueblo RV Park in Yuma and love it. Have been coming for 5 years now and made lots of wonderful friends. There are many activities including pickel ball, tennis, cards and crafts. Google Del Pueblo and you will get an idea. Really recommend this park especially if you have a pet (restricted to 2).
Pokernose is offline   Reply With Quote