Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thought this has to be said.....

I do know that many Keystone CSRs and other Keystone personnel do read this forum and just felt I had to say something positive.
What with a number of negative posts about Keystone Customer Service, although the positives do out number the negatives, I just thought I would say THANKS to all the CSR reps for a job well done.
First and foremost most Keystone RV owners do not seem to understand that they should contact their dealer first and not Keystone CSRs. If every Keystone owner with a percieved problem went direct to a Keystone CSR first, rather than his/her dealer, you would need a phone bank of 10,000 phones and a CSR for each pnone.
I personally have never had the need for the CSR's services but I have met a number of you up close and personal at the MOC rallies.
I have also personally spoken to the many of your very happy, very pleased customers. And those are not just Montana owners but Keystone customers of nearly every Keystone brand.
Oh yeah, there were a few naysayers but more often than not when you get to the root of their problem I found it was a personality clash rather than a true service problem.
I now own my second Montana. An 07 3485SA prior to that an 04 2955RL. When it came time to upgrade the 2955 I didn't consider any other brand as I knew I would never find the quality of a Montana in any other brand AND I knew I could never find another Customer Service Department like the folks at Keystone.
Having dealt with the public for many many years I know how a CSR feels when he/she is condemned for doing a bad job without the ability to defend themselves. To many folks you are guilty without any defense on your behalf.
Hopefully with this post that will all come to an end. I would like to see the POSITIVE OPINIONS from the MOC members posted within this thread to re-enforce my comments.
Now I wasn't born yesterday and I do realize the naysayers will have to also jump in here with more of their negatives. In that case may I suggest you just skip over their replys and get to know how the majority of us really feel.
I would also like to ask the POSITIVE MOCers NOT get into any kind of pi$$ing match replies with any of the naysayers.

AGAIN...
THANKS TO ALL KEYSTONE CSRs FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Said it before, so, I'll say it again- - - - -

Service center was VERY good to us! Had one initial little "situation". Once past that, we have been happier than pigs in mud.

Not only did they fix our Tana, but they did so and continued to be downright NICE people.

Called us back when they said they would, even worked around a medical situation that came up at the last minute, said if we could still make our appointment just show up, otherwise they would reschedule at our convenience.

Service and Keystone's standing behind their units has been their BIGGEST asset. It has kept them the number 1 seller of 5ers for how many years now???

These are my opinions, I am not on anyone's payroll, I am sorry if what I say does not meet with your approval.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Right now --- today ---- if we had a problem, I would call customer service. Our dealer is in NY and we are in NC. Since we are still under warrenty, the dealer would need Keystone's OK to work on the unit anyway. There are times when you NEED to call customer service.

I worked customer service for years. Companies "want" to know if there are any problems out there. I don't mean every little itty bitty annoying thing, but the "problems".

Sometimes it takes a call to Keystone to get a dealer off their butt.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well I for one can only say that KEYSTONE Was the greatest to us, In November of 2005 Our Montana caught on fire, While it could have been very bad and cost us our lives it did not because of a lot of great people and Walt that got the fire out before it could take my Montana.. We was dead in the road, we could not move it anywhere and had to get a RV Service to come to the park that we was parked in..I posted my Fire on here and the very next morning Keystone called me, Yes that is right called me.. It did take a while to get all the parts and it was a lot but we got everything that we needed to get us back on the road, they even paid for our motel bill when we had to get out of the RV while it was worked on. I talked to a lot of people at Keystone at this time and they was not all nice but most was and I have to say that RICK DRINKWINE WAS THE BEST. Would I buy another Keystone product?? YOU BET!!!!! Have I had other problems?? YES, My frig went out and was replaced by Dometic, I also had the Flexing problem and did Keystone take care of it YES. THANK YOU KEYSTONE
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As I have said many times before..our experience with customer service and the service center has been very positive. We spent 4 days at the service center while they corrected our many problems and we were treated as if we owned the company. I do agree with Glenn in principle about contacting your dealer first. I suspect that there are more good dealers than bad dealers and even if you are hundreds of miles away there are many ways your dealer can help you. There are always "circumstances" When you are in a smoke filled camper in quartzsite, Az and your dealer is in Ohio..you are calling Customer service first..your dealer second or third. I think I actually called Mark Krol first..Glenn also brings up a point to remember..Customer service and the service center handle ALL Keystone products// Team Montana IS Montana specific but there is a lot going on there...Visit if you are at the Fall Rally.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #6
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Good Lord willing and the creek does not rise, I have done real well. Thanks to a screwdriver, hammer, and some putty, after calling my dealer in Pinellas Park, Fl. (SunCoast RV) I have been able to fix ALL my problems. I have been very lucky and been able to fix them myself. My heart goes out to those that have had fire problems. Must have been devistating at the time. Glad Keystone was there to assist and aid them. I'm just very thankful. Lots of luck to the rest of you. Have a Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Keystone has been really great to us. They made out of warranty repairs for us on our 2000 Montana that would've cost us $6,000. We've always been treated very fairly and we haven't "demanded" a thing. With all the naysayers (which are a minority), it doesn't hurt to say something good for a job well done.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Well my experience with Keystone customer service was nothing short of wonderful. Six of us were at the service center and five of the six felt the same. The other one was cranky anyway and he wasn't happy. He also wasn't pulling a Montana. If there is another 5th wheel in my future it will be a Montana if they come up with a good two slide plan. Unfortunately none of the floor plans appeal to us now.
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Most all of our experiences with Keystone have been very positive. I had a lot of questions I asked of the customer service department when we first bought our Montana and they were nothing but very helpful.
We had a bad delamination "bubble" on the side of the rig between the door and Kitchen window, and our Dealer worked with keystone and got it fixed lickity split! They were great!
Now, our only problem is trying to get Charles Wade to write us back. I think Mel has written him like 3 times since the Buellton rally, but still nothing. Well, whats one more letter, we'll try again by email then we'll make that ominous phone "Call", wish us luck.
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Yes keystone does make good on most repairs as long as you are as good to them as they are to you be a gentelman and give them the time of day , they are only human. yes i had my greef but we worked through it .. today i have a lot of respect for Craig as he helped me in a bad fix john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have had mostly good service from Keystone. After I found a great person in customer service. He was very very helpful. A nice man indeed.
I ask him several questions and he was very helpful.
Also a Montana dealer, fixed our warranty issues and Keystone did pay for it.

We have had very little problems with this unit. It has been a good coach.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:19 AM   #12
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I have said it before and I will say it again. The Keystone Service Centre has been helpful to us since the unit was new. We couldn't get our dealer to make repairs to our slide. (Said it couldn't be done). I mentioned this at the first fall rally and the Service Centre set up an appointment and fixed the problem. Since then it has been there and had things replaced/repaired that I didn't know needed work.
Darrell and his back room guys are terrific guys to work with and it is well worth a couple of dozen apple fritters from Wal-Mart if anyone has to get work done on their unit. The back room guys seen to like them if you can get them past the front office. LOL
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:23 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
As of late, my dealer, Naylor in Kansas City, also Lifestyle RV in Grain Valley Mo. (A Kansas City suburb) have 'stepped up to the plate' and is in the game now. (OK enough of the sports metaphors) anyway, they got all my repair parts in and wanted to make an appointment for the warr. repairs. I am preparing for the Winter away, so I just got the repair materials and will do the items myself. Sherry at Lifestyles has been super, we keep in touch with e-mails on these items, super job Sherry. I see the 'flower fairy' attending to some proper thank you's in the near future for her.
I did not contact Keystone, didn't have to. I guess we are lucky to have our issues resolved. Sounds like many have not been served by them, a shame. Good product, I would buy another.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 AM   #14
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
When on the road, who would you call except Keystone? We had a serious problem 1000 miles from home, called Keystone who referred us to the closest dealer. As luck would have it the dealer was no help at all. However,we managed to arrange to have the Montana repaired by a different dealer who was of great assistance.

As for problems on the forum, that's mostly what the forum is about, solving problems. What we do not hear about are the thousands of owners who do not have any problems and don't make posts saying, "everything is great and works fine."
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:57 AM   #15
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Darrell and gang were very helpful earlier this spring and had me turned around inside one day. While there there was 2 other Montana's there with issues. 1 couple was very polite and understanding with Keystone as they had not made an appointment and the other was very rude and demanding of the customer service folks. Guess who left at the same time I did. The CSR guys and gals have a tough job to do and I wouldn't want it for all the money in the world. But they were very polite to me and the folks behind the walls did an excellent job repairing my frame flex issues. Thanks again Keystone for building and standing behind a wonderful product.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I don't have a Montana (yet!), but I will. Other than the quality control issues, KEYSTONE CUSTOMER SERVICE is the main reason I will buy a Montana (period).
Many manufacturers make a decent product, one of which had me very interested until I saw all the buyer comments about their customer service being poor.
When I'm on the road with my wife, I need a company that stands behind their product and, from what I can see, KEYSTONE MONTANA is the one.
That's why I'm not a "wannabe" but rather a "gonnabe."
'Nuff said.
Thanks Keystone.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote