Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Like it ...don't like where washer/dryer located

I really like the two new floor plans that have the bathroom in one room. 3485 and etc. But don't like the option of only having the Splendide washer. If you could put a hookup for a stack washer in the bathroom we would trade our Montana in next week for a new Monty!
Other brands are doing this. Hitchiker is one. Can't remember the other 3 brands we saw like this. We do like the Montana and would rather stick with the Montana line but really need something like this. Others we have talked with also want this too.
Dusty

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Speaking of washer and dryers -- I noticed a campground we go to is now charging $2.00 a day for those with a washer and dryer. Nice huh?

Carol

1 dog free --- $2.00 a day for second dog.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We've stopped overnight in a lot of parks that ask the question about washers. They claim that the extra water overloads their septic systems -- even those parks on the city sewer system!! I've got news for them, it isn't the water that overfills their septics, it is everyone dumping their black water at or near the same times of day. The extra water just flows off the septics into the leech field.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I agree with Dustytuu about having the washer and dryer in the bedroom. Since I don't want one, no problem for us. But I can see where it could be a problem.
When the campgrounds charge extra they are probably taking into account, water, sewer and electric. Now a days campers carry a lot of electric gadgets with them.

Carol

I kinda like laundermats.Meet the nicest people there.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Increased utility cost are a big problem for campgrounds just as they are for us.Many have chosen to charge extra for folks that may use more resources. Others have just raised the rate so that everyone pays. I understand that if we use the W/ D we will use More water than others that don't. We understand that if we use 2 A/C's we will use more power than those who do not. We are willing to pay the extra cost, if reasonable, for using extra resources.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
I would have to tell them to come on, give me a break. In a Spleddine has anyone ever looked at amount of water that one gets in a load of clothes, it's not much.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When you mentioned water, I realized with the washer/dryer in the bedroom it would be one big mess and awkward to fix if the washer sprang a leak. When we had the 3670 it was in a closet next to the doorway and it had a tile floor. All that carpeting in the bedroom would get soaked. Not a bright move if you ask me.
Of course, your dirty clothes are right there in the bedroom . Maybe that's what they were considering when they changed it.

Carol
Old 03-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I wonder if there is a plastic tub you can put under the washers, like the ones in houses that are on the upper floors.

I to agree with Dusty, it would of been nice to see the washer set up in the enclosed bath as we had seen in sob. For now we do not need a washer but then one never knows.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't ask..don't tell..If they do not ask..We do not tell. I was surprised on how little water the Splendide uses per wash and few camprounds will ask but more and more campers now have W/D's.Look around the average C.G and note the campers with multiple A/C's and the vents for W/D.We know many C.G owners from our experience with our local camping group and utility USAGE has sky rocketed along with utility rates.Also note the number of CG's that go out of business or sell out to corporations because they can no longer bear the expense.Rv'ing is not as simple as it was years ago.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 AM   #10
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Why doesn't Keystone invent/use Plastic washer pan with a small drain hose outside as part of the washer dryer hook up install. It would be one of those little added things that would shake up the industry not to mention hold the washer in place.

I am with the others here about the front loading washer. It does not use that much water. Remember when I switched from a top load to a front load in my old stick house. Dropped my water bill over 20 bucks a month. Clothes lasted longer and were cleaner to boot.
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Splendide does have the plastic pans available as accessories for all the washers, with a drain.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #12
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Brad,

Didn't know that will have to check one out for our Maytag set.

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"Why doesn't Keystone invent/use Plastic washer pan with a small drain hose outside as part of the washer dryer hook up install. It would be one of those little added things that would shake up the industry not to mention hold the washer in place" Just curious.. what would be the advantage of that set up. We have , so far no problem with drainage, works fine. the W/D does vibrate but I note that the W/D is secured to the floor, I can see the front brace on both sides.It has not moved any.".a small drain hose outside" where would this drain to???
Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You can buy the catch pans through PPLMotorhomes. It should be universal to fit under any RV wash machine. I'm not going to mess with putting one in. They are fine for the stick house when the wash machine hoses are the only flexible lines you have, but this whole trailer is flex. I figure the wash machine is only one of many-many plumbing areas that can leak, so why bother.

Also noticed that the water line feeds to the W/D are exposed in the basement. I'm going to add some inline valves for the W/D back at the Ts where they feed the bathroom, so I can isolate the W/D if I have to. (won't have easy access to the closet valves). That would give me the option of de-winterizing/re-winterizing for a short winter trip without having to mess with the Wash machine.

http://www.pexconnection.com/categories.php?catID=2

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #15
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
What I didn't like was the location of W/D in the bedroom closet. Having to give up closet space and the awkward way to get to it.
I like ours in it's own little closet. We have not had a problem with water. Our W/D does not use much water.
But when we get ready to trade ours in, we will take into consideration the location they have for W/D and the enclosed bathroom. Several other brands have room for stack washer/dryers in the enclosed bathroom. The bathroom is still nice size. The 5th wheels are not any longer than the 3400. So if they can do it I am sure Montana can do it too. I think a lot of people would like that.

I think the parks that are charging people more that have washer/dryers are trying to force them to use the on site laundry. Someone owns it and if people have their own then it wouldn't make money.

The only time we had a problem was when we had it installed. A Monty dealer in CO. didn't tighten the hoses on washer. We went to a park afterward and tried it. Water ran out the bottom of the trailer. We caught it right away. No water was in carpet. We will never go there for service of anykind after that. This was not the dealer where we bought our Monty.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote