Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2006, 03:27 AM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ozz,

You could hinge it and make it like a medicine cabinet. That way you could still use it to shave in the morning.

Brad

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:33 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Have you been talking to Sue about my bathroom habits???? I think she mentioned me shaving outside one time.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:49 AM   #23
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
hahahaha! Dory told me she will put a hook there for my shaver and a bucket to brush my teeth! She wants the other bathroom for herself.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:07 AM   #24
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Brad, just shows you that the ladies are always thinking, we basically just don't have a chance!
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #25
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
I don't use it for hitching, especially when the sun blares off of it, don' have enuf hair to wory bout fussing with a comb, but it is hadny for straightening out my hat when the front hatch door latch lets go and I get my hat out of whack... Ozz, I a sure there is storage behind that mirror, since it seems every other place has a cubby hole. Good place to hide an extra six pack of Corona.....

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #26
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
I know ya'all probably think that the way I type, I been whacked toooo many times already.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #27
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I can confirm the mirror does nothing for me when hooking up. Not sure what it cost but I say that money could be used on a couple extra outlets or light switches. My dinning room 110V lite in the Big sky had a switch on the wall. Sure miss in on this 3295. Oh well.
Cheers.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:13 AM   #28
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Another vote for useless piece of equipment. What were they thinking? Oh yes, they weren't. Doesn't help at all for us when hitching up. The kids like looking at themselves though. They think it's great fun.
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 AM   #29
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
I hope to use the mirror to signal rescue aircraft if I ever get lost on a lonely Arizona highway. The mirror is beneficial mainly to users of the gooseneck hitch and I have found it easier to turn my head and watch the pinbox kingpin couple to the hitch. Odd, helps gooseneckers yet the manufacturer does not recommend the use of the gooseneck...
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:49 AM   #30
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve - I think you have it LOL - Its a passive locator device for aircraft search and rescue if you ever roll your monty over!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #31
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not sure if any of you have the NEWER mirror. They did make a change from the original and made it more concave. I have seen it but I have no idea if the change made much of a difference or not.
Guess I will be finding out in January and if it doesn't work I will revert to plan 2 and hang the MOC bumper sticker on it. Maybe the Good Sam and Passport America decals as well.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The front mirror works great under perfect conditions (everything OEM and nothing in the TV bed) One of those things that works great in theory but in pratical applications,,not very good at all. With the Fold-A-Cover and the Mor-Ryde hitch pin it is totally worthless (thanks Keystone for the heads up (not)..But..We did some work arounds that involve yellow and Blue tape and we can use it to hook up..Will post pictures one of these days..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When I'm out and about the rig I've had a number of people make positive comments about that mirror. Nobody has yet made a negative comment other than in this forum. I've had some ask me if it really helps me and others have asked its purpose. They all have liked the idea. As for whether it is useful for me -- not really since I can see the hitch when I'm backing into the pin. But if I could not see the hitch I think it might help get things aligned for hookup. But I've never really tried it.

Mine is one of the newer ones with the concave mirror face. No way will the sun, headlights, or any lights not directly below the mirror ever reflect into the truck or anything surrounding the rig. So that's not a problem with the newer ones.

As far as whether it is of enough value, I don't think so. I'd just as soon have an outside outlet on the vertical wall by the front locker storage door and maybe another inside the basement storage area.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote