Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
A new Montana!

Well, I think that my wife and I have joined an elite group of Montana owners, We have bought our third Montana. Each one gets a little bigger than the one before. First the 2750, then the 2850, and now the 3400RL. We went to the dealer just to look around and I thiought that I was safe because I left the check book at home. Guess what? She had it in her purse. The dealer made an offer for trade and purchase that we could not turn down. We took a couple of days and we brought it as far as the state park and spent the first night in it there. Boy, was that good sleeping. Everything worked fine, even the remote control furnace worked. It did rain while we were traveling and we did get a little water in the kitchen slide from the tires. Any solution for this? Otherwise, this is a great unit.

Paul And Sue

paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Congratulations on the 3400.
Reference the kitchen slide, I would suggest going back to the deal and if they don't help the "CALL" Keystone. Emailing them has not worked but they seem to respond to phone calls.
Good luck enjoy and be safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:40 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Congrats on the new Monty.

Quote:
quote:a little water in the kitchen slide from the tires. Any solution for this?
Gotta agree with John. There is only on true solution. Take it back to the dealer.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Paul & Sue, Congrats on the new Montana. Seems the 3400RL has become a very popular model. We too have been looking, but still waiting for the perfect floorplan. We feel our 3295 is near perfect, but always looking for something a little better. LOL Enjoy your new wheel estate!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Paul and Sue - congrats on the new rig. We love our 3400 too. We have had ours since last Oct and have not had a sigle problem I too went to my dealer to just look at the new ones one lazy afternoon. We liked the Mountaineer that we had, plenty large, couple of slides, and 36 foot. However, we too came home that day with one even large and have never regretted the decision. We are not full timing yer, but are ready for sure. Time is getting very close. Good luck.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Funny (but not really) our 3400RL is back at the dealer for a couple of minor warranty jobs and a major upgrade - one warranty job is water coming in the kitchen slide when we towed in really wet weather. Another warranty job is fixing leak from shower - another common event!Montana team at Keystone are aware we have a problem and advised that the dealer should contact them to ensure it is fixed (they WILL fix it). Seems like it's becoming a common fault.

Major upgrade is installing washer/dryer. After job is done I will post before and after pictures on our website.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am just curious, I have the 2004, 3400RL and have not had this problem with water coming in the kitchen slide. I am wondering if this is just an 05 problem as Keystone moved the axles on the 05 model. I cannot remember any major rain storms I traveled through last summer so maybe that is why I have not found this problem yet. Will be keeping an eye on this post to see if a solution is found. Paul and Sue, congrats on the new coach. Hope they get it fixed in a hurry so you can enjoy it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Paul and Sue
Congrats on the new unit. We love our 3400 also. Have had no problems but we haven't traveled yet. By the way, Sue, you are the third Sue I know of with a 3400. Does this mean something?????
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:58 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Congrats, we are another 3400 owner. We bought a yr ago after going to an RV show. We were sure we wanted to buy a 3295. We ended up buying a 3400... We have had no major problems with leakage. We had some problems with the bedroom slide.. something was grooving the underbelly and chewing up the rubber seal on the bottom. The groove is fixed and the seal was replaced. We noticed the one side is chewed up again and the white plastic slide has been pushed out on one side. Other than that things are going fine.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:22 AM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations on your new coach! Happy Camping!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Paul & Sue! The 3400RL is a beautiful model, one of our favorites. If we were to trade today we'd seriously consider that one.

I agree with John about having the dealer check that water leak. It could be a missing or misaligned seal or it could be the slide is misaligned when retracted. This should be covered by warranty. You should not get water inside even when driving in pouring rain. We are currently having this same problem and our dealer tried twice to fix it. When we're in Goshen in May the factory service center is going to check it for us.

Enjoy the Montana. Several of us are on our second Montana but you're the first I'm aware of who is on the third one!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #12
Montana_335
Established Member

M.O.C. #335
We have a 2004 3400 and we did have exactly the same leak. When we arrived home in heavy rain and opened the door the floor was wet in the same area you describe. Mel looked underneath with a flashlight and there was a small opening uner there. Took it to the dealer and they sealed it up. No more problems.

Cathy
Montana_335 is offline   Reply With Quote