Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #21
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
jh1802,
I have a 2005 327RKS too. I absolutly love it. We just spent a week in it over Thanksgiving. I know we will have ours for a long time. Have you had a problems with yours? Not a one with ours.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida

Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #22
jh1802
Established Member

M.O.C. #2162
Jeff
We really like ours also. Most of the problems I have had with the TT were the dealers screwups. The only real problem I have now is that the water heater only heats the water to luke warm while on electric.
The only other thing is, getting my hitch setup correctly. The dealer did a very poor job at that.
jh1802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jh1802, talk to your dealer about that electric water heater element. He should adjust or replace the thermostat under warranty. Ours gets the water hot but not nearly so hot as does propane. By the time the hot water goes from the rear corner of the coach to the sink in the bathroom in cold weather it's not really hot enough for us so we use propane in cold weather. Yours sounds like it's just plain not working correctly.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:25 AM   #24
Montana_2618

M.O.C. #2618
Hello everyone. My wife and I are selling our condo in Galveston and buying a fifth wheel. We are going to be full-timers! We are excited about the new adventure. We have not purchased our rig but are considering a Monty. Any suggestions for new comers to the full-timers Monty family?

Stan & Mary Kay
Montana_2618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:14 PM   #25
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
jh1802, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. We bought our Mountaineer at Freedom RV on Highway 70 by Lake St. Louis. You probably passed the dealer on your way to Columbia.
Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:04 AM   #26
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Villa 308
I think that you can't go wrong with the Monty. we have the 3573 RL & love it we are not full timers but stay in it 3 mos at a time. We are leaving Ky. in the am tomorrow for So Tx. for the winter. There are a lot of full timers using Montys.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:49 AM   #27
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Hello Villa308.
We just picked up our new Mountaineer 2 weeks ago. And our shakedown cruise was to Galveston at the Delanara RV park. We love our 5er.
We bought the 328RLS out of all the floor plans we looked at while shopping we liked this one the best for the available space and bang for the buck. There is a comparable one in the Montana as well. I do not remember the number.
I ordered it with two air conditioners and upgraded about everything. My dealer never asked about 50 amp. I just assumed it would be having 2 AC units. Make sure you get it. You can always use an adapter if a park does not have or you do not want to pay for 50 amp. With 30 amp I cannot use the AC and Microwave at the same time. I have to flip a switch that shuts off the AC to use the Microwave. I do not like that at all.
In looking at floor plans. A feature we liked was the door mid way vs in the rear, with the rear living room. The advantage is, one I walk into the Kitchen area on linoleum (dirty shoes in bad weather) and the door is not near the comfort area. Does not seem like a big deal however if you are sitting next to the door and someone opens it in hot or cold weather, that person gets a blast of what is outside.
Where is the entertainment center in relation to where you sit? Some it is on the far wall and you must look through the kitchen area. Now the men will tell ya. If the better half is cooking, this is bad for the game viewing.
Another thing to watch is useability while travelling. Can it be used with the slides in. You want to be able to use kitchen and bathroom for those quick stops while on the move. Length is an issue, many parks are not equipped to handle the bigger units with slides. The bigger the trailer the more you limit where you can go. The tradeoff is obviously interior space and features. We were trying to stay under 33 ft. The 328RLS is 34'11" little longer than I wanted but still manageable. We barely fit in Delanara though.
Upgrade the matress!!! We stayed with the queen. The kingsize upgrade made it too tight in the bedroom for space. Probably not an issue in bigger coaches.Does not make for an enjoyable trip if you are not sleeping good. Ask about getting a register put in the toilet area.
I recomend ordering one, once you find the floor plan you like. Get what you want! Pick your colors and comforts, not someone elses. About a 8 week wait though, but worth it. Go through everything and every option with the dealer, assume you will get nothing ie: 50 amp.
Our dealer was in Nachodoches,RV Station. Other than he did not go through all options with me. He has done what he said he would do and the 5er came in as we ordered it on time.
The other thing is definetly go with the 5th wheel trailer. Pulling and hook up is so much easier. Not to mention inside roominess. Heck I have room for a ceiling fan. Do not have that in a TT.
Whatever you get, get what you like. Trading up when you don't gets expensive!
Enjoy your travels!!!!
Rick
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote