Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Outback Offer

Enjoy:

The Military Mates® 15% OFF discount is open to Military Personnel who have one of the following forms of identification: (a) U.S. Uniformed Services Identification Card, (b) U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, (c) Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), (d) Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW), (e) DD214 Certificate, (f) Veteran Identification Card (VIC) or, (g) Photograph in U.S. Uniform or wearing U.S. Uniform. Military Personnel with any of the foregoing forms of identification will receive 15% off their entire guest check (excluding alcohol, applicable taxes and gratuity) November 12 through December 31, 2014 at any Outback Steakhouse® in the U.S. Prices, product participation and hours may vary by location. Not valid for AARP® Membership Discount, Bloomin’ Monday™, No Worries Wednesday or in conjunction with any other offer, discount or coupon. No cash value. Void where prohibited by law. Expires 12/31/14.

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Cool! Too bad they closed the store in Yuma.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
Good for them!!! The military deserve a break!!!
Annaoinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
I refuse to go to a Outback Steak House for anything. Reason, they do not allow concealed carry in their restaurants.

They want to "Honor the Military" but they deny my right and my wife's right to legally carry a legal concealed weapon.

Sorry, I go to Texas Road House, where they do not care if you either carry concealed or open.

Screw Outback Steakhouse.

Jim
USAF military service
Texas CHL

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jlb27537

I refuse to go to a Outback Steak House for anything. Reason, they do not allow concealed carry in their restaurants.

They want to "Honor the Military" but they deny my right and my wife's right to legally carry a legal concealed weapon.

Sorry, I go to Texas Road House, where they do not care if you either carry concealed or open.

Jim
USAF military service
Texas CHL
I never knew that (shows you how often I go there).
I too refuse to patronize establishments that post signs prohibiting legal carry. I just turn around, walk away and spend my money elsewhere. Thanks for the tip.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
They also have 15% AARP discounts during the week for entire check less items like alchol. We use it once a week. It's good through March of next year. I hear it's set to be renewed. I am 54 and love the senior discounts! In Ca I have never seen that Weapon sign, I will look next time.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
[quote]Originally posted by jlb27537

In addition, the way they closed the Yuma store would have done it for me if the concealed carry thing hadn't. Employees showed up for work on Monday and found the door locked. Had no clue it was coming. Management attitude at this place is enough to keep me out. On the other hand I do think it's cool they support military members who want to go there.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:34 AM   #8
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Ok, some of you don't like Outback and won't go there. It is still nice that they are honoring our military.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #9
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8.1al

Ok, some of you don't like Outback and won't go there. It is still nice that they are honoring our military.
Thank you Charlie.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
This is a pun but maybe a poor one.."please don't shoot the messenger"
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:44 AM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jlb27537

Jim
USAF military service
Texas CHL
That must vary from location to location as I've never seen such a sign at our local Outback. If so, I would do the same as you - after informing the manager as to why I would not be back.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:18 AM   #12
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
How did this subject change from a restaurant, honoring our servicemen and woman, to the issue of being able to carry a concealed weapon into their restaurant? Is the crowd at Outback that dangerous? My hat is off to Outback for doing this!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

How did this subject change from a restaurant, honoring our servicemen and woman, to the issue of being able to carry a concealed weapon into their restaurant? Is the crowd at Outback that dangerous? My hat is off to Outback for doing this!
Some of us recognize the fact that the police cannot be everywhere all the time, not to mention that the Supreme Court has ruled the police aren't accountable to be everywhere they might be needed. There have a multitude of shootings in a multitude of places, including schools, movie theaters and yes, restaurants that weren't considered dangerous places either. It's the old 'ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure' adage.

You may think me paranoid for wanting to protect myself and my family, but to me, it's nothing more than a type of insurance, and I'm sure you have insurance, do you not?

Moderators please take note: there is nothing political in my reply!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #14
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Some of us recognize the fact that the police cannot be everywhere all the time, not to mention that the Supreme Court has ruled the police aren't accountable to be everywhere they might be needed. There have a multitude of shootings in a multitude of places, including schools, movie theaters and yes, restaurants that weren't considered dangerous places either. It's the old 'ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure' adage.

You may think me paranoid for wanting to protect myself and my family, but to me, it's nothing more than a type of insurance, and I'm sure you have insurance, do you not?

Moderators please take note: there is nothing political in my reply!
X2!
Sometimes posts evolve... it's the nature of the beast. I won't continue off the OP's topic as most folks know how I feel on the secondary topic.
Thanks to the OP for the well intentioned post.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote