Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Thanks to all of you

I have seen so many problems asked about here and solved here.
There are a lot of creative solutions to a vast quantity of problems.

In keeping with the theme of the forum topic. How difficult is it to tap into the 12 Volt wiring for the (flashlight) located to the right of the first mini step inside the door. I want to install a 12V LED leftover under cabinet light for the steps. I've seen some pic's of it done. Just not sure which is the best route for the wiring.

I've been in electronics for over 35years so I'm just looking for advice from someone who has done this. No need to repeat others mistakes.

From what I can tell there are no tanks in the way.
So is it just a matter of removing the insulation panels from the under belly and drilling a hole where I measure. Are there any other obsticals in the way. I know every unit is different. I wish I had pics or DVD of the build process like the tour at the National.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help on this forum.
BTW: OZ and snfexpress Great Stuff

Old 06-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I installed lights in the step and wired it to the fuse panel. I removed the carpet and wood to see what clearance I had. Most of the area on the sides and rear of the step butts up to steel and aluminum. There isn't much open area for wiring. I'm glad I looked or I would have drilled in the wrong spot.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
are you talking about the rechargeable flashlight? If you are I believe it recharges from 110v outlet hidden behind it. so there is no 12v available that way
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Chris I just removed mine and used the 12 volt lines to hook up leds in a curio I made and installed where the central vac was {Thanks to Micheal ""snfexpress" for the idea} for the DW. I pulled the breaker panel and tied the wires in behind it to get the 12v. with the vac removed it was easy to get to the back of the charger then used the hole in the wall where the charger was to install a 120v rec. I used the 120 line from the vac to power the rec in the wall.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote