Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2006, 05:47 AM   #21
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Thanks Folks,
I'm getting the picture. If it don't feel right, don't leave it. We have stayed on Federal Land in campgrounds with no hook ups with Samuels Golden Eagel Pass for as little as $7 a night, half of the normal $14. I guess this is a form of boondocking.
A good example of this is Hatteris Wild Live Reserve in NC. They have nice federal owned campgrounds, no hookups, and take the GE pass. We use them when we go surf fishing. They also have one at Assateague Island in VA if my memory serves me right.

Salle & Samuel
South Central Virginia
2000 Montana 35'
1998 Chev 3500 Diesel

vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:52 AM   #22
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
How about that! You've been boondocking and didn't even know it.

"No matter where you go there you are"

Charlie & Nila
Fulltiming,formerly Hadley,MI
"presently in Hadley "
"2004" 3575RL
"2001" 2500HD, 8.1
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #23
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I put a pin lock on mine every place I leave it: campground, storage facility, parking lot, and even in my driveway.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #24
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Salle & Samuel if you want to get on other RVers SH*& list just unhook your RV at any Wal*Mart, KMart, Truck Stop and leave it for a day and you may find troubles when you return. Unhooking and leaving for a day is totally frowned upon by most RVers that use these same facilities for overnight parking only. It doesn't much matter whether you have permission or not it's something that you just don't do. Plus an unattended RV in the out of the way, far end of some parking lot is an open invitation to any thief especially if he's seen it sitting there for a couple days.

BirdingRVer, if we find such a place we either drag the Monty with us or we find a campground. We have visited many a museum and roadside attraction by using their parking lots. I would not want to leave my Monty unattended on any parking lot, owners permission or not. If I wanted to see whatever the attraction may be I would find a campground, even if it meant driving some distance to find such a campground. This occured just 2 months ago as we were passing by Lake Champlain and Burlington VT. We decided to take in Burlington for a day or 2 and found us a campgroung some 20 miles away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well said Glenn.

Weldon

Weldon and Carolyn
I.D.No. 920
2001 F-250 PSD, CC
2003 2955RL Montana
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote