Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2003, 12:42 AM   #1
Montana_398
Established Member

M.O.C. #398
Corner Kitchen Cupboard above Sink

Does anyone else have a hard time using the lazy susan in the corner cupboard over the sink? Ours continually slips down and forget trying to keep anything in there while traveling - it's all over everywhere. We've even thought of taking the lazy susan out and maybe just putting some of those plastic baskets to hold the stuff, then I could just slide the baskets out. As it is, I hardly store anything at all up there. I'm height challenged also, and I have a hard time reaching over the sink. I have a stool I keep handy. Any suggestions for this space?

Mrs. Vermonter

Vermonter
2001 325RK Montana
2002 Chevy Duramax Diesel

Montana_398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We have the 3685FL with the corner cabinet above the sink. It was wasted space and I hated it. So Chuck took a piece of wood and made me a nice shelf. Now I have two deep areas for my stuff. Of course I will need my handy step stool to use it, but that stool is out anyway for a couple of other cupboards. Now I have more storage. I hate lazy susans. Have one in the house and hate that one too. They look nice but aren't practical. This makes the third shelf we have put in. Would think Keystone would put more shelves in some areas.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:56 AM   #3
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
You have a lazy susan above the sink? Do you have the 3295? It must be something they did a while ago becasue we don't have that. We have a shelf in there. Can you just remove the lazy susan and install shelves?

Our LS is under the sink and we keep cereal, dish soap and stuff like that on it so it's not very heavy.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vermonter

Does anyone else have a hard time using the lazy susan in the corner cupboard over the sink? Ours continually slips down and forget trying to keep anything in there while traveling - it's all over everywhere. We've even thought of taking the lazy susan out and maybe just putting some of those plastic baskets to hold the stuff, then I could just slide the baskets out. As it is, I hardly store anything at all up there. I'm height challenged also, and I have a hard time reaching over the sink. I have a stool I keep handy. Any suggestions for this space?

Mrs. Vermonter

Vermonter
2001 325RK Montana
2002 Chevy Duramax Diesel
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:04 AM   #4
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
We had the lazy susan in the top cabinet also. Replaced with a wood shelf.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:31 AM   #5
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Just asked my wife what she thought of the lazy susan in our 2955RL. She says she likes it just fine. Said that seems to be less problem the tighter things are packed on the trays.

I haven't had to adjust the trays for any reason.

BTW, she is 5' 2" so also uses a stool to reach.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote