Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Now that spring is here.....

Where is everyone planning to take their monty on the road to?( I know you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition) We have no plans for this year except Erie where we have a seasonal site. If anyone comes our way we would love to have visitors. We are at Uncle John's campground on Elk Creek a short distance from the lake.Kenny got us a golf cart and I'm excited to get it. I was spending more time at the RV show checking out golf carts than campers. We can ride down to the lake and watch the spectacular Erie sunsets.

kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I will be taking my coach down to my seasonal site at the lake as well. I should be there mid April - end of Sept. I also hope to attend this years fall rally in Goshen, In.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
kdeiss.We always go up to the Erie area on our yearly wine purchase trip.Several wineries we like in that area. We usually stay in the Conneaut, Ohio area, Evergreen lake park but we could stay at your park. Does that campground have a web site..It sounds familiar..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Next week I will be taking a church group to Lacombe, LA to roof a couple of houses and replace drywall in homes damaged by Katrina. We use our Mountaineer for housing and a field kitchen. I will be the chief cook and bottle washer as well as overseeing the work crews. We did this last fall and had a great time and were able to help several grateful families.

In a couple of weeks will be making a trip to the North Georgia Mountains for spring break and already reservations to be at Lake Lanier with friends for Memorial Day Weekend. We have applied to be camp ground hosts at Lake Winfield Scott this summer and are waiting on them to decide if they are going to outsource to private companies or run it themselves.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We plan on continuing our journey to Alaska. We are in San Diego now and will continue going north until we arrive in Fairbanks before we start south again. So far it has taken us 9 months and 20,800 miles to get this far. We didn't want to risk the snow so we took the long way around.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
We have trips planned through the first two weeks in June:

• late March and early April—Unicoi SP
• late April (Tour de Georgia bicycle race)—Unicoi SP
• first weekend in May—Calhoun Falls SP
• first two weeks in June—back to Unicoi SP (do you think we like it there? )
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We will be heading to the NW in May.. will spend the summer on Samish Island, with trips to Copalis Beach and Beachwood Resort (Birch Bay, WA). Heading back to Texas in the fall we will stop in Montana, Independence MO and Elkhart, IN.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kdeiss

Where is everyone planning to take their monty on the road to?( I know you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition) We have no plans for this year except Erie where we have a seasonal site. If anyone comes our way we would love to have visitors. We are at Uncle John's campground on Elk Creek a short distance from the lake.Kenny got us a golf cart and I'm excited to get it. I was spending more time at the RV show checking out golf carts than campers. We can ride down to the lake and watch the spectacular Erie sunsets.
Ken, you're going to worry about a preposition ending in a sentence??? Have you been reading the rest of our posts??? We don't seem to have that worry... BTW, "monty" is supposed to be capitalized... What were we talking about again?

Oh, yeah... We will be getting our Montana the end of May. We will stay up here this summer in the Torch Lake area, with small trips - shake down cruises - to Mackinaw, maybe the U.P. Then in Sept, we are heading for Asheville , NC area (Cheryl's sister), for a while, then to Bullhead City AZ (near our oldest daughter).
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #9
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We plan to head back to Northern Illinois around the first of May. We have a seasonal place between LaSalle-Peru and Rockford. Maybe a couple of weekend trips up to Central WI where a friend of ours owns a little bar in the big city of Dellwood.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gkbutler

We plan to head back to Northern Illinois around the first of May. We have a seasonal place between LaSalle-Peru and Rockford. Maybe a couple of weekend trips up to Central WI where a friend of ours owns a little bar in the big city of Dellwood.
Gary, your friend owns a bar and you're only taking a COUPLE up trips there??? Back in my drinking days, I would have MOVED there... Probably why I had a slight problem and had to quit 12 yrs ago... That's OK, I drank enough for the average person's lifetime, anyway.

How are the roads there in Central WI? The last time I went through there, it would have torn my 3400 apart, if I'd had been towing it. Rough, two lane roads.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Our campground's website is unclejohnscampground.com. There is a picture of our Monty on the campsite.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #12
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
BTW everyone's camping trips sound very nice. Can't wait to retire and have time to travel.
I was just trying not to sound like I never took an English class in case there was a teacher on here. It is bad enough my typing is awful.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #13
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I'm a science teacher... English was always above me. Wordsmith, were are you??? And Sue???
Old 03-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #14
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
We are 5 days into our big trip for the year. We are babysitting grandkids in Atlanta until Sunday when we will resume our trek to Oregon. Plan to see some of the sights in the Southwest along the way (Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, etc). We will spend April volunteering at Cove Palisades S/P and May at Nehalem Bay S/P, both in Oregon. If any of you MOC'ers are up that way, please stop by and say hello.
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #15
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
I don't think spring is here yet. It snowed last night. The last week of March we are going to the Wa. coast. May to the rally in Shasta. From there who knows. Ain't retirememt great!!!!
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:03 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:

Our campground's website is unclejohnscampground.com. There is a picture of our Monty on the campsite.
That does not work..can't find the CG anywhere.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:17 AM   #17
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Quote:

BTW everyone's camping trips sound very nice. Can't wait to retire and have time to travel.
I was just trying not to sound like I never took an English class in case there was a teacher on here. It is bad enough my typing is awful.
Well, there are a few of us around these parts…and I am even the *shudder* dreaded English teacher. You know, I loathe the dangling preposition as much as the next person, but there are so many better things about which I can concern myself! If anyone becomes overly upset about that here, well, they have more time on their hands than they need, right?!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:11 AM   #18
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
JD
I agree with you completely. Let those who have never dangled a preposition remorse in silence.
Happy trails............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:21 AM   #19
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
We're off for the Texas Hill Country for Spring Break next week (Jena teaches). We'll start in Austin (Texas History Museum, San Marcus Outlet Stores, and an eagle viewing river tour at Lake Buchanan. Then we'll move over to Fredricksburg for some of their Spring Break festivities and Trade Days.
We do a LOT of State Parks in Texas and Arkansas (every other w/e is a 3 day w/e for me). We were at Mineral Wells State Park last weekend.
Our big trip this year may be a cruise so the TT will have to stay home.
Eagles
Museum
Fredricksburg
Trade Days
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:53 AM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We are going to the "Old Fellows Rally" in Branson MO in June of this year. Old Fellow is a rescued 3 legged dog. Going to be a dog parade, contest for longest miles traveled, some pot lucks, and more. ABC RV park there.
People that rescued him had him in pet hospital for awhile. He is fine now.

July 4th we always go to Colorado Springs as usual for 3 days.
Garden Of Gods campground.

This fall we are going to AZ for a month or two. To Fort McDowell area. Nice RV park there. Eagle View RV Park.
Would like to see some MOC members, if your down that way.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote