Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Check out www.warrantyexperts.com not endorsing that company but it is a good one to compare with others. Note//that if you have NO claims with them over the warranty period they will refund your entire premium.I found that hard to believe.I talked to them...they will.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Montana sky..I hope your company is not "smart choice" extended warranty company
Old 02-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #23
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Sounds like you and are on a mission for the perfect extended warranty. I been researching this company too. I like what I have seen so far. I have their quote, and they are on the higher side. But I don't mind paying for a better product.

Have you explored Warranty Services Company and RVUSA. Was going to call them tomorrow. Warranty Services Corp has been around since I think they said 1973. That is a history to look at.

I think we will be successful with our quest.

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RKassl

Sounds like you and are on a mission for the perfect extended warranty. I been researching this company too. I like what I have seen so far. I have their quote, and they are on the higher side. But I don't mind paying for a better product.

Have you explored Warranty Services Company and RVUSA. Was going to call them tomorrow. Warranty Services Corp has been around since I think they said 1973. That is a history to look at.

I think we will be successful with our quest.

We are on the same page.I to have a quote from warrantyexperts and am reading the contract...you get what you pay for.Also talked to RVprotection.net
very low price..they are in the trash can. The others you mentioned are on my list also..let me know what you think of them.I would value your opinion.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
rkassl..RVUSA will link you to RVProtect..We heve been there , check them out for yourself, Give Scott a call. he will explain in detail.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:07 AM   #26
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Rich, I just finished talking to Jason Flowers at Warranty Experts in San Antonio, Texas. I think this is an interesting possibility. He referred me back to their web site to review the BBB link/info. They too have a long track record. I asked him what other questions should I be asking, he was very helpful. A very important he stressed that the company is insured and re-insured. May are not.

I think this company moves to the top of my list. What do you think?

Thanks, Bob Kassl
Old 02-06-2006, 03:52 AM   #27
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
"Exclusionary" vs."Inclusionary"
Make sure you read the diffrence, also make your choice in time..mine ran out and I had to go with Inclusionary it was classified as used..
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:58 AM   #28
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Another thing whatever company you chose give them the person you talked with name. Rvprotection give Scott my name (they all give kickbacks)
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by RKassl

Rich, I just finished talking to Jason Flowers at Warranty Experts in San Antonio, Texas. I think this is an interesting possibility. He referred me back to their web site to review the BBB link/info. They too have a long track record. I asked him what other questions should I be asking, he was very helpful. A very important he stressed that the company is insured and re-insured. May are not.

I think this company moves to the top of my list. What do you think?

Thanks, Bob Kassl

Warranty experts is the best I have seen thus far..There are not many Rv Warranty companies out there and two of them are the same company RVprotect and RVUSA. We are going to dig deeper into warranty experts history.. We use the "worst case" method will search for bad things about the company and see what comes up.We will not have the 3400 till May so have some time but we absolutely will get a Extended warranty. The fact that they will refund your money t if you DO NOT file a claim indicates that statistics suggest
you will NOT file a claim..need to check into that???
Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 AM   #30
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
They also invited me to their BBB membership link. That's another useful tool.

I asked them to email me a copy of their contract for review. Also they have been in business before the start of the INTERNET, so they are not a "startup company"

The fact that they (the insurer)are also re-insured to further protect the consumer policy.

I like how they pay, with the corporate credit card to the repair facility (minus the deductible). I have no trouble with any preapproval process either. What you can do to help with deductable expense is to batch the repairs as one occurrence, not two so you pay only one deductible for multiple repairs. This is very similar to the extended warranty on my tow vehicle.

Since I am off of work for a while with my foot surgery, I can continue to research this matter. I have learned to also trust my "gut feeling", unless something better comes along I just may hook up with them in April.

Please let me know if you find anything also of interest, I will do the same for you.

Happy Camping,

Bob Kassl
Old 02-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RKassl

They also invited me to their BBB membership link. That's another useful tool.

I asked them to email me a copy of their contract for review. Also they have been in business before the start of the INTERNET, so they are not a "startup company"

The fact that they (the insurer)are also re-insured to further protect the consumer policy.

I like how they pay, with the corporate credit card to the repair facility (minus the deductible). I have no trouble with any preapproval process either. What you can do to help with deductable expense is to batch the repairs as one occurrence, not two so you pay only one deductible for multiple repairs. This is very similar to the extended warranty on my tow vehicle.

Since I am off of work for a while with my foot surgery, I can continue to research this matter. I have learned to also trust my "gut feeling", unless something better comes along I just may hook up with them in April.

Please let me know if you find anything also of interest, I will do the same for you.

Happy Camping,

Bob Kassl
I would like to be able to find the company that Montana Sky is using. I can find no trace of it.Perhaps he has the wrong name . The only one I could find was Smart Choice warranty and they went bankrupt in 2003... I am driving a School Bus till Helen Retires so I am home most of the day..My day is 6 to 8:30AM and 3 to 5:30 PM.We have plenty of time to google and research..Thanks for your help and I will keep you advised of what we find.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #32
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
I made a trip out to my dealership today to find some information for you. The Choice plan is a A+ rated company that is insured and has been around for a great deal of time. These guys do both motor home and 5th wheel/travel trailer warranties. They are a dealer sold product and I had talked with Clay Schueman, Sales Business Manager at Blue Crick RV here in Spokane, WA. Clay said you are more than welcome to call him at 1(877)244-5888 he would be happy to answer any questions you might have about this warranty. He can also sell this warranty to anyone interested, does not matter if you buy the coach from Blue Crick or not. Just let him know that Dave from the MOC gave you his number so he understands the nature of your call. If I can be of further help, let me know.

P.S.~ You are also welcome to email Clay at the following address.
clays@bluecrick.com
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #33
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Montana Sky..Thanks so much for the info. We will check that out and I am sure rkassl will also be interested. It is really hard to find a reliable extended warranty company.Your reference is good enough for me.