Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
raja402
Established Member

M.O.C. #4716
Waterline wont drain or take antifreeze

We have a 3575RL and when winterizing I noticed a couple of waterlines in the basement that would not drain and/or blowout or take anti-freeze. The lines are located on the entry side, in the front of the basement and head up to floor about mid opening and disappear. All ther lines took antifreeze but these two. The previous owner said it was ready for a washer dryer but never plumbed in to closet. Could it be that line? How do I drain it so? And if frozen and broke, how do I fix? For any and all ideas I thank you. Have a great and Safe Holiday Season.

raja402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Don't think I know enough about your model to give a specific answer. But,in general, in order to get liquid into a line, the faucet at the end of the line needs to be opened to release the trapped air and allow the fluid to flow. If you have washer plumbing have you opened the valves and allowed the antifreeze to flow? The same would go for any other valves you have not bled.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I think you maybe looking at the Black tank flush lines.No need to add anti freeze!
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
raja402
Established Member

M.O.C. #4716
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, will check them out. DrHowell, there isn't any faucets or valves where the W/D would have been in closet, so they may be plugged off!
And to kdiess, I wonder why they would run two lines to the tank flush system? One line is empty and one is about half full. And just how much freezing can the pipes take without bursting or breaking? I'm not too familiear with the type of pipe Montana uses.
raja402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree with Ken. It sounds like the black tank flush lines. I never did anything with those and had no problem.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
One is likely the black tank flush as previously indicated. While numerous people have said they don't winterize it and haven't had trouble, I blew mine out with low pressure (20 PSI) compressed air. You'll need to open the black tank dump valve (and remove the drain cap) to keep from pressurizing the black tank if you decide to blow it out.

The other line could very possibly be the washer prep, or another possibility is the exterior shower if you have one? The exterior shower would be easy to winterize. The washer prep might be more difficult depending on how it was plumbed.

The pex tubing they're using now is tough stuff and will take a lot of abuse. It takes specialized tools to do repairs properly and would probably be best left to someone familiar with it.
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our dealer told us the washer prep lines will drain when draining the low point drains. No need to do anything further to those. We did disconnect the hoses to the washer from the water lines and followed the mfr's directions to winterize the washer itself but did nothing further to those lines. This was pre-fulltiming, of course.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote